Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

Baseball

Pull up a chair and talk to Sharon about care and feeding of an author, life in the literary world, crochet, or just life in general.
Re: Two Footballs (was: Baseball)
Post by John Prigent   » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:39 pm

John Prigent
Captain of the List

Not to my knowledge, Howard. Most of what they say about it is rather unkind to American manliness, with particular reference to the "armour" worn in American Football and the requent stops to discuss play tactics. It's all the same to me, I don't understand either game's rules! In fact, having been excluded from ball games at school because of extreme short sight, I don't understand _any_ game's rules :).

Cheers

John

Howard T. Map-addict wrote:Do they call it "Lineball," John?

Football is a better name for the English game.
Not only does a foot touch the ball *much* more often,
but you guys named it first!

Naughty Moose

John Prigent wrote:[snip] You should hear what our rugby players say about American Football :).
Cheers
John
Re: Baseball
Post by Jay6722   » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:59 pm

Jay6722
Commander

That's nice you two. Now I would like my topic back please. This topic is about basball not the forms of football. If it makes you feel better I do like most team sports.
He Who Lurks Above [CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Post by SharonWMBO   » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:09 pm

SharonWMBO
First Lady of the Admiralty

Jay6722 wrote:That's nice you two. Now I would like my topic back please. This topic is about basball not the forms of football. If it makes you feel better I do like most team sports.

Sorry for the long delay in answering this. (Please see my last Sharon's Corner)

Yes! David is a Huge Baseball Fan!!! And, of course, it would be the ATL.Braves!!!! Our home team used to be a farm team for the Braves, but now our team is an American team...Not what Davied likes!!! David and my Mother used to sit and watch all the games and David would know every stat for the Braves...But he still can't find his socks!!!
Hope this helps! And thanks for waiting...
Sharon
Post by Jay6722   » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:18 am

Jay6722
Commander

SharonWMBO wrote:
Jay6722 wrote:That's nice you two. Now I would like my topic back please. This topic is about basball not the forms of football. If it makes you feel better I do like most team sports.

Sorry for the long delay in answering this. (Please see my last Sharon's Corner)

Yes! David is a Huge Baseball Fan!!! And, of course, it would be the ATL.Braves!!!! Our home team used to be a farm team for the Braves, but now our team is an American team...Not what Davied likes!!! David and my Mother used to sit and watch all the games and David would know every stat for the Braves...But he still can't find his socks!!!
Hope this helps! And thanks for waiting...
Sharon

Thanks Sharon. On a much sadder note Dave Niehaus the voice of the Seattle Mariners past away. The Mariners are my favorite team and I feel sad that Mr. Niehaus has died.
He Who Lurks Above [CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Post by Polyglot   » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:06 pm

Polyglot
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

SharonWMBO wrote:David would know every stat for the Braves...But he still can't find his socks!!!

OMG! I live with one of those!

I was hoping they eventually grow out of it... :roll:
Post by Lord Skimper   » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:25 pm

Lord Skimper
Vice Admiral

I watch my Baseball Games down at the local Sports Pub. No volume but the good thing is, knowing the rules and the little diagrams they put next to the score one can figure out what is going on.

I understand the rules don't know what the stats mean one really doesn't need to. I still haven't figured out what an error is.

Luckily the games come on while I'm at the pub for my dinner so I get to enjoy the games before the crowds pick up.

My local pub, a 4 minute walk, is based on a North American Sports bar set in a Scottish / English Pub. 16 50+" TV's, Waitress / Servers, unlike English Pubs that make you order at the bar, chairs for all 239 people on busy days and Lots of Specials, really good prices and for us Regulars who tip well really good service. Add in near Gourmet food and custom orders it is a really good setup. I'm tempted to go over for dinner right now.

LA Dodgers at San Fran in 35 minutes....:)

Return to Sharon's Corner