Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 43 guests

New Honorverse short story

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
New Honorverse short story
Post by Eagleeye   » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:19 pm

Eagleeye
Commodore

In the anthology "Noir fatale", edited by Larry Correia and Kacey Ezell - eARC already available, final version will hit the shelves in May (1st half of all new books in the bundle - including this story - is already available) - there is a new Honorverse short story, called Recruiting exercise. Settled on Haven at the time of the Legislaturists. Enjoy!
Re: New Honorverse short story
Post by cthia   » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:33 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Eagleeye wrote:In the anthology "Noir fatale", edited by Larry Correia and Kacey Ezell - eARC already available, final version will hit the shelves in May (1st half of all new books in the bundle - including this story - is already available) - there is a new Honorverse short story, called Recruiting exercise. Settled on Haven at the time of the Legislaturists. Enjoy!

Handshaking.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Eagleeye   » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:37 pm

Eagleeye
Commodore

cthia wrote:
Eagleeye wrote:In the anthology "Noir fatale", edited by Larry Correia and Kacey Ezell - eARC already available, final version will hit the shelves in May (1st half of all new books in the bundle - including this story - is already available) - there is a new Honorverse short story, called Recruiting exercise. Settled on Haven at the time of the Legislaturists. Enjoy!

Handshaking.

Sorry, I looked up only the 1st 2 pages of the forum and didn't found a fitting topic :( Take it as a friendly remember, then ;)
Post by cthia   » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:46 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:

Handshaking.

Eagleeye wrote:Sorry, I looked up only the 1st 2 pages of the forum and didn't found a fitting topic :( Take it as a friendly remember, then ;)

Of course! Actually, I'm glad you took it off the back burner, for the fans who missed it or for those of us who forgot about it. :oops: It's good for the fans and good for the author.

If you don't mind me trying to get in a quickie, who was in power then?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Eagleeye   » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:02 pm

Eagleeye
Commodore

cthia wrote:[...]
Of course! Actually, I'm glad you took it off the back burner, for the fans who missed it or for those of us who forgot about it. :oops: It's good for the fans and good for the author.

If you don't mind me trying to get in a quickie, who was in power then?

That's a good question. A quick search didn't got any success - I searched with both "hereditary" and "president", because it's a havenite setting - but I think it should be Hereditary President Harris ... and in Manticore - Elizabeth III. should already be Queen.
Post by Robert_A_Woodward   » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:32 am

Robert_A_Woodward
Captain of the List

This story is one of the 2 stories in the online sample. My guess is that it takes place about a decade before _On Basilisk Station_. BTW, Jeremy X's signature challenge is "Shall we dance?" - I would not recommend dancing with Commander Delta.
----------------------------
Beowulf was bad.
(first sentence of Chapter VI of _Space Viking_ by H. Beam Piper)

Return to Honorverse