Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests

Making a permanent "Well Flogged and Dead Horses" thread

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Making a permanent "Well Flogged and Dead Horses" thread
Post by ldwechsler   » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:04 pm

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

Daryl wrote:Those interested in "Well Flogged and Dead Horses", should consider that bestiality, necrophilia, and sadism are all illegal.

That said I'd like to propose a future Honorverse scene.

The Solarian navy has finally woken up, flexed its universe wide muscles, designed and built an impossible to stop fleet.
5000 SDSD (P+) super douper super dreadnaughts with more pods than anyone else. The pods are full of 5 stage missiles controlled by their own Zeus FTL technology.
They enter Manticore's hyper limit to find waiting for them -

One hundred tree cat crewed frigates. These frigates are equipped with the latest miniaturized gravity lances that have virtually unlimited range at FTL strike speeds.

Ten minutes later, Honor's granddaughter recalls home fleet for the triumphant procession.

First of all, the statement about incest, necropilia and sadism is incorrect.

There is no real definition of what constitutes incest...first cousins marrying is not all that uncommon in Britain. And Heinlein actually focused on twins' being able to have kids in Time Enough For Love.

Haven't found much on necrophilia...chances are it's at least part of a dead horse (half maybe?)

Sadism is not uncommon in many places.

There are a lot of strange topics. Also, note that in Game of Thrones, dragons until Season Five were not used very much (expensive as all get out) and even the sex scenes are only a tiny piece of the action.

And why not have a dragon on some planet It might be possible depending on gravity,etc. Note as example: Pern.

What it takes to make a good series is a really good cast and someone pushing it. With all the new streaming channels maybe we can get an Honorverse show. And I really don't care what she looks like, although Gal Gadot is probably too busy.
Post by stewart   » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:04 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

ldwechsler wrote: Gal Gadot is probably too busy.

----------------

Linda Carter was a better Wonder Woman

-- Stewart
Post by Daryl   » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:43 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Never said incest.
ldwechsler wrote:
Daryl wrote:Those interested in "Well Flogged and Dead Horses", should consider that bestiality, necrophilia, and sadism are all illegal.

That said I'd like to propose a future Honorverse scene.

The Solarian navy has finally woken up, flexed its universe wide muscles, designed and built an impossible to stop fleet.
5000 SDSD (P+) super douper super dreadnaughts with more pods than anyone else. The pods are full of 5 stage missiles controlled by their own Zeus FTL technology.
They enter Manticore's hyper limit to find waiting for them -

One hundred tree cat crewed frigates. These frigates are equipped with the latest miniaturized gravity lances that have virtually unlimited range at FTL strike speeds.

Ten minutes later, Honor's granddaughter recalls home fleet for the triumphant procession.

First of all, the statement about incest, necropilia and sadism is incorrect.

There is no real definition of what constitutes incest...first cousins marrying is not all that uncommon in Britain. And Heinlein actually focused on twins' being able to have kids in Time Enough For Love.

Haven't found much on necrophilia...chances are it's at least part of a dead horse (half maybe?)

Sadism is not uncommon in many places.

There are a lot of strange topics. Also, note that in Game of Thrones, dragons until Season Five were not used very much (expensive as all get out) and even the sex scenes are only a tiny piece of the action.

And why not have a dragon on some planet It might be possible depending on gravity,etc. Note as example: Pern.

What it takes to make a good series is a really good cast and someone pushing it. With all the new streaming channels maybe we can get an Honorverse show. And I really don't care what she looks like, although Gal Gadot is probably too busy.
Post by Fox2!   » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:17 am

Fox2!
Commodore

Daryl wrote:

Unfortunately, the GravLance (aka "TWTSNBM") is not a ship killer. You need a bodkin to slip into a fatal spot on the opponent, once you've taken down the wedge and sidewalls.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:51 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Relax wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:Said male has been genetically engineered to impregnate a San Marteno female while withstanding the sheer forces and bending moments exerted by a 200 kg San Marteno male and 150 Kg San Marteno female locked in the throes of passion. The sheer mechanics of it are mind boggling.

Uh dude, you forgot the most important part: the 2.5G grav field...

Next you will want to measure the amplitude as well as the frequency of the reciprications to estimate the accellerations and apllied forces.
Post by cthia   » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:16 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Relax wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:Said male has been genetically engineered to impregnate a San Marteno female while withstanding the sheer forces and bending moments exerted by a 200 kg San Marteno male and 150 Kg San Marteno female locked in the throes of passion. The sheer mechanics of it are mind boggling.

Uh dude, you forgot the most important part: the 2.5G grav field...

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Next you will want to measure the amplitude as well as the frequency of the reciprications to estimate the accellerations and apllied forces.

BEOWULF GRAVITY SUITES
________We don't tell on our clientele________

We play with the gravity of sexual pleasure

Aphrodite . . . . . . . . . . . .Ste. 7H
Devil's Den . . . . . . . . . . Ste. 666
Guilty Pleasures. . . . . . . Ste. 777
He Man . . . . . . . . . . . . . Ste. V
Royal Fantasies . . . . . . .Ste. LW
  • Former Mesan sex slaves
  • Fully vetted
  • Request by unique ID
Salamander . . . . . . . . . .Ste. S
Sin City . . . . . . . . . . . . Ste. 666 1/2
Thor . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Ste. G
Warrior Princess . . . . . Ste. X

Is there a unique future for former sex slaves on Beowulf?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Fox2!   » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:32 am

Fox2!
Commodore

cthia wrote:[

I seem to remember there being licensed surrogates available on Manticore. Didn't Ally offer to buy Honor the services of one for her 18th birthday? And Hamish making discrete but infrequent use of them after Emily's accident, when it proved that relationships with peers (e.g., Theodora) weren't going to work out without unacceptable levels of baggage.
Post by cthia   » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:37 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Fox2! wrote:
cthia wrote:[

I seem to remember there being licensed surrogates available on Manticore. Didn't Ally offer to buy Honor the services of one for her 18th birthday? And Hamish making discrete but infrequent use of them after Emily's accident, when it proved that relationships with peers (e.g., Theodora) weren't going to work out without unacceptable levels of baggage.

Indeed, Hamish used said services and Ally propositioned Honor as well, but I don't think either occasion was of the over the top Mesan persuasion. I'm not sure Hamish could handle a sex slave, UH shows him barely able to satisfy Honor. Though UH also shows that Honor has come way out of her shell, sexually. I can hear screaming sounds coming out of her boudoir and it ain't hers.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:20 am

TFLYTSNBN

stewart wrote:
ldwechsler wrote: Gal Gadot is probably too busy.

----------------

Linda Carter was a better Wonder Woman

-- Stewart

Amen!
Post by Theemile   » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:11 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

Back to the original thread intention - is this dead, or should we move forward?
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."

Return to Honorverse