Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests

Noir Fatale

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Noir Fatale
Post by justdave   » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:29 am

justdave
Lieutenant Commander

https://www.amazon.com/Noir-Fatale-Kace ... 1481483978

Anthology that includes a great short on Brigade Commander Delta from MWW
Re: Noir Fatale
Post by Robert_A_Woodward   » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:10 am

Robert_A_Woodward
Captain of the List

justdave wrote:https://www.amazon.com/Noir-Fatale-Kacey-Ezell/dp/1481483978

Where did you find a description of David Weber's contribution?
----------------------------
Beowulf was bad.
(first sentence of Chapter VI of _Space Viking_ by H. Beam Piper)
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:36 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Robert_A_Woodward wrote:
justdave wrote:https://www.amazon.com/Noir-Fatale-Kacey-Ezell/dp/1481483978

Where did you find a description of David Weber's contribution?

JInthe description:
NEW SCIENCE FICTION, URBAN FANTASY, AND MYSTERY STORIES WITH A NOIR THEME FROM BEST-SELLING AUTHORS LAURELL K. HAMILTON, DAVID WEBER, LARRY CORREIA, AND MORE

bolding is mine
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by George J. Smith   » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:41 pm

George J. Smith
Commodore

But it doesn't say what the short story is.
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Post by Dauntless   » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:05 pm

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

which is annoying. we can but hope that the claim of NEW stories is accurate.
Post by saber964   » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:54 pm

saber964
Admiral

Dauntless wrote:which is annoying. we can but hope that the claim of NEW stories is accurate.

True on the annoying part. Guess I'll have to wait until the kindle version comes out. Or maybe we can all do some groveling and begging to see if RFC will at least confirm that is a all new story.
Post by Theemile   » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:33 am

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

saber964 wrote:
Dauntless wrote:which is annoying. we can but hope that the claim of NEW stories is accurate.

True on the annoying part. Guess I'll have to wait until the kindle version comes out. Or maybe we can all do some groveling and begging to see if RFC will at least confirm that is a all new story.

Supposedly the short story of Pritchart's origins was supposed to be in an anthology - one which we have not seen yet. I'd say that is the prime contender here.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by Galactic Sapper   » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:29 pm

Galactic Sapper
Captain of the List

Theemile wrote:Supposedly the short story of Pritchart's origins was supposed to be in an anthology - one which we have not seen yet. I'd say that is the prime contender here.

True. I don't believe rfc specified it would be in an Honorverse anthology (although it could well appear in the next one of those as well).

Ms. Midshipwoman Harrington appeared in at least two anthologies, if memory serves.
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:56 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Galactic Sapper wrote:
Theemile wrote:Supposedly the short story of Pritchart's origins was supposed to be in an anthology - one which we have not seen yet. I'd say that is the prime contender here.

True. I don't believe rfc specified it would be in an Honorverse anthology (although it could well appear in the next one of those as well).

Ms. Midshipwoman Harrington appeared in at least two anthologies, if memory serves.

I am seen a short story called "Recruiting Exercise", which would seem to fit the theme of the anthology. Broad Hint about the content - Rose is gonna love it.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by runsforcelery   » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:09 am

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

fallsfromtrees wrote:

Galactic Sapper wrote:True. I don't believe rfc specified it would be in an Honorverse anthology (although it could well appear in the next one of those as well).

I am seen a short story called "Recruiting Exercise", which would seem to fit the theme of the anthology. Broad Hint about the content - Rose is gonna love it.

Yes, Rose did. :lol: :lol: :twisted:

And it is about Eloise . . . sorta, but it's not "Our Sacred Honor," the story of her recruitment, which is already out in Bryan Schmidt's anthology Infinite Stars.

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.

Return to Honorverse