Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests

Haven Victorious

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Haven Victorious
Post by cthia   » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:00 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

There was no possible way that Beth could have had even a slim notion to think the leopard's spots had changed until confronted by Honor. In that light, since Beth had trusted Honor so deeply, and since Honor was better positioned to know, I can understand your point. However, ISTR a passage that even Honor stated that she could be wrong as well.

I have to say though, that the onus of responsibility of communicating that a totally different driver was at the wheel fell on Eloise, not Beth. It was Eloise's responsibility to get the point across considering all of the past betrayals Beth suffered at the hands of Peeps. As Eloise herself stated. Eloise did begin to make headway. I warmed up to her with her treatment of Michelle. I never saw that curve ball coming. I just can't fathom why Eloise didn't come clean about the forged documents, pronto. Personally, I saw that as a way out for her. I truly think she overthought that one. In fact, I think she knew that too. After lying about the forgery, she obviously knew that only a face to face meeting was her only chance at redemption. Her sacrificial lamb move was not lost on me. Eloise's clandestine trip in Haven One was just as daring as any of Honor's death rides, politically.

I don't understand why secretly leaking the truth to Beth wasn't warranted. I understand what storyline says. But lying on Beth and discrediting such a proud woman and tainting her reputation in the eyes of the entire galaxy at large appeared to be the insane diplomatic move of a novice. Even Reginald Houseman would know better!

At any rate, the onus of responsibility to break the diplomatic ice fell on Eloise under the circumstances.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Honorverse