Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 48 guests

Joseph Buckly shows up elsewhere

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Joseph Buckly shows up elsewhere
Post by RazorBat   » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:08 pm

RazorBat
Midshipman

Imaginos1892 wrote:
RazorBat wrote:he is shredded in a farm combine and spewed out the end

Wasn't that a gigantic turbocharged snow-blower?

I have found a Joe Buckley in John Ringo's zombie apocalypse series that starts with 'Under A Graveyard Sky'. Don't think I've seen him die yet. John must be saving up something REAL special.

It's been quite a while since I have read that one, but now that you point it out, I believe that you are correct. I guess I just defaulted to combine since I've seen what happens when deer goes through one of them and haven't been around any big snow blowers.
Post by Imaginos1892   » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:29 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

RazorBat wrote:I guess I just defaulted to combine since I've seen what happens when deer goes through one of them and haven't been around any big snow blowers.

Never seen anything go through a combine, but I saw some critter get run over when I was pulling a forage harvester behind a tractor. Kind of a 'thunk' and the hay turned red for a second. What's a forage harvester, you ask?

Picture a rounded steel housing about 12 feet wide and four feet high containing a drive shaft with four banks of about 40 L-shaped blades, spinning at around 3,000 RPM. The blades are each about a foot long, two inches wide and 3/8 inch thick, bent in an L shape about four inches from the end, swinging free from the drive shaft.

That beast will chop up everything in its path and toss it to the back of the housing where an auger feeds it into a blower that shoots it into a wagon hitched to the back end. A zombie would make a big THUNK and a lot of chopped-up pieces would fly out. It would slow the drive shaft down for a few seconds before the PTO spun it back up. Next!
———————————
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!
Post by tlb   » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:06 am

tlb
Fleet Admiral

RazorBat wrote:he is shredded in a farm combine and spewed out the end

Imaginos1892 wrote:Wasn't that a gigantic turbocharged snow-blower?
I have found a Joe Buckley in John Ringo's zombie apocalypse series that starts with 'Under A Graveyard Sky'. Don't think I've seen him die yet. John must be saving up something REAL special.

RazorBat wrote:It's been quite a while since I have read that one, but now that you point it out, I believe that you are correct. I guess I just defaulted to combine since I've seen what happens when deer goes through one of them and haven't been around any big snow blowers.

Here is a short video of one moving snow off railroad tracks (nothing was killed or injured, so far as I know, in the making of this film).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmRYCQgzwpE
Post by Imaginos1892   » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:18 am

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

I guess you could call Joe Buckley the ultimate Redshirt!
———————————
Count Vordarian: "You're a Betan! You can't do—"

Return to Honorverse