Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests

SCA in the Honorverse

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
SCA in the Honorverse
Post by Wcress   » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:41 pm

Wcress
Midshipman

I really found the SCA references in the latest Honorverse book to be quite entertaining. I go to Pennsic every year and just retired from fighting heavy due to my age, my doctor, and the ambulance crew setting up behind our catapult crew.
I usually teach an astronomy class there as many people come from cities where they have never seen the night sky due to light pollution.

I am also hopeful that those who enjoy the science fiction appreciate the reality. I am a retired nuclear scientist and engineer. I used to play with our air museums warbirds under the the direction of the old officer responsible for building the Apollo Moon Rockets.
Re: SCA in the Honorverse
Post by MrZero   » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:35 pm

MrZero
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

I prefer to imagine the Anachronism as a 70s space ship out of Harlock or Space Battleship Yamato, and hey, did it survive the Mesa bombs? I guess that's another ship for the next generation to steal from drifting space.
The SCA is a perfect boy scout organization for colony worlds, and not just for the pikimmin and the list of ways to make beer out of anything.
Watercress, I too hope that sci-fi readers to come enjoy history and reality. There's a lot of reality that needs changing, but there's a lot to appreciate.

Return to Honorverse