Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 33 guests

Shannon Foraker

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Shannon Foraker
Post by Shannon_Foraker   » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:52 am

Shannon_Foraker
Commander

cthia wrote:
Shannon_Foraker wrote:Sorry about necroing this, but I don't think Oops translates well to treecat. I'm a big fan of Shannon (see username).

I am a big fan of Shannon too. I have seen you lurking and it has been extremely difficult not to freshen up my cologne and check my appearance in the mirror. :oops:

Can we assume that you are female? We don't have many women in the forum.

Oops may not be appropriate for a Treecat, but it sure is funny and interesting when you think about it.

With claws extended, "Oops, did I do that?" :lol:

Welcome to the forums!

As a female tech and science geek, Shannon is very well written. Her talent for making things happen 'accidentally' ("Oops") is great. As I'm new here, is it okay to necro threads?

I write fanfic, and her treecat name (treecat gives to her) will likely be either Mind in Cloud or Walks through Mountains. Thanks for the friendly welcome. I've not read all the Honorverse books, but don't care about spoilers (for them,some other fandoms are a different story).
Post by tlb   » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:38 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

Shannon_Foraker wrote:Sorry about necroing this, but I don't think Oops translates well to treecat. I'm a big fan of Shannon (see username).

cthia wrote:I am a big fan of Shannon too. I have seen you lurking and it has been extremely difficult not to freshen up my cologne and check my appearance in the mirror. :oops:

Can we assume that you are female? We don't have many women in the forum.

Oops may not be appropriate for a Treecat, but it sure is funny and interesting when you think about it.

With claws extended, "Oops, did I do that?" :lol:

Welcome to the forums!

Shannon_Foraker wrote:As a female tech and science geek, Shannon is very well written. Her talent for making things happen 'accidentally' ("Oops") is great. As I'm new here, is it okay to necro threads?

I write fanfic, and her treecat name (treecat gives to her) will likely be either Mind in Cloud or Walks through Mountains. Thanks for the friendly welcome. I've not read all the Honorverse books, but don't care about spoilers (for them,some other fandoms are a different story).

Welcome to the forum. Personally, I think it is better to post on an old thread that fits the thought that you want to express than to start a brand new thread that might just end repeating what was already said. Note that the first thread on the first page has some topics that are considered dead horses and we generally would prefer that they were not brought back up (last posted by Duckk, the system administrator). There is a problem in that threads will age off the forum based on an algorithm involving age of last post and size, but not importance. The oldest thread now is from 2011, but the oldest of any size is from 2014. So on some old threads I have posted a comment, just to keep it from going away.

I think fanfic in general is discouraged, because it has the potential to cause legal problems for authors; consider if a fan creates a story that includes something the author intended to express, then there could be a civil suit over priority and plagiarism.

In the past David Weber has posted on topics in the forum; his user name is runsforcelery (which some abbreviate as RFC when referencing his posts). I do not know if Eric Flint has ever posted (if he has, then I do not know his user name).
Post by cthia   » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:57 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Yes, it is quite fine to necro threads. I do it a lot. Just steer clear of the Dead Horses. They are mine fields.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Honorverse