Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests

What's your biggest regret in the Honorverse?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: What's your biggest regret in the Honorverse?
Post by cthia   » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:26 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

"WTF is th— A WARSHIP GODDAMMIT!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

cthia wrote:The author can always give her a decade or two of a vacation off-screen until she's begging to get back in space.* Then she can repel invasions, malignant invasions of the Home system . . .

The Battle of Manticore 3, 4 and 5.

And does anyone really think Honor won't want to go on a road trip when Darius is found?

Really?

Swampland! 1M credits per square inch. Don't worry. That's a bargain. Trust me.

I really don't think continuing to write Honor as lead is difficult at all, Randomiser. Readers don't know what they want until the author gives it to them. I can think of a million and one onscreen uses for Honor without missing a beat.

Isn't the Honorverse Weber's biggest bread winner anyway? The vacation that's needed is probably the author. He may need a break from writing about Honor. But Honor don't need no stinking break. The only break Honor ever needed was Pavel Young's fricking neck. The author didn't give that to her, so I vote to leave her be.

Am I selfish for my own reading appetite? Damn straight I am!

*Weber put a few things off-screen that I wish he hadn't. Can we say Trevor's Star? So, if Honor needs a vacation, give it to her. Offscreen! I won't complain about missing her vacuuming, doing laundry, screaming at the kids, picking up behind Hamish, lounging around the house in a T-shirt that says "Oh the joys of life w/o Pavel Young". Chasing and screaming at miscreant 'Cats on Grayson and their ongoing pranks. Watching HD. Drinking beer with Stacey and getting bored as hell until she screams . . .

"SOMEBODY GIVE ME A FUCKING SHIP!"

Honor never swears. I think she means it. LOL

See? Everybody happy and Honor is sane.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:36 am

TFLYTSNBN

No shower scenes with Admiral Henke or Queen Elizebeth, or better yet Admiral Henke and Queen Elizebeth.

The closest we got to it was Beth complaining that Mike had provoked a fight by putting sand down her swimsuit.
Post by Vince   » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:57 pm

Vince
Vice Admiral

What happened? Did Honor get a rubber ducky or toy boat for her children's bath?
cthia wrote:"WTF is th— A WARSHIP GODDAMMIT!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

cthia wrote:The author can always give her a decade or two of a vacation off-screen until she's begging to get back in space.* Then she can repel invasions, malignant invasions of the Home system . . .

The Battle of Manticore 3, 4 and 5.

And does anyone really think Honor won't want to go on a road trip when Darius is found?

Really?

Swampland! 1M credits per square inch. Don't worry. That's a bargain. Trust me.

I really don't think continuing to write Honor as lead is difficult at all, Randomiser. Readers don't know what they want until the author gives it to them. I can think of a million and one onscreen uses for Honor without missing a beat.

Isn't the Honorverse Weber's biggest bread winner anyway? The vacation that's needed is probably the author. He may need a break from writing about Honor. But Honor don't need no stinking break. The only break Honor ever needed was Pavel Young's fricking neck. The author didn't give that to her, so I vote to leave her be.

Am I selfish for my own reading appetite? Damn straight I am!

*Weber put a few things off-screen that I wish he hadn't. Can we say Trevor's Star? So, if Honor needs a vacation, give it to her. Offscreen! I won't complain about missing her vacuuming, doing laundry, screaming at the kids, picking up behind Hamish, lounging around the house in a T-shirt that says "Oh the joys of life w/o Pavel Young". Chasing and screaming at miscreant 'Cats on Grayson and their ongoing pranks. Watching HD. Drinking beer with Stacey and getting bored as hell until she screams . . .

"SOMEBODY GIVE ME A FUCKING SHIP!"

Honor never swears. I think she means it. LOL

See? Everybody happy and Honor is sane.
-------------------------------------------------------------
History does not repeat itself so much as it echoes.
Post by cthia   » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:04 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Vince wrote:What happened? Did Honor get a rubber ducky or toy boat for her children's bath?

They finally replaced her personal non hypercapable ship that she lost during a kamikaze ride to save Beth and company when they were visiting Yeltsin. What type of ship was her little hotrod called?

Anyway, that wasn't quite what she was asking for. LOL

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by tlb   » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:20 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

Vince wrote:What happened? Did Honor get a rubber ducky or toy boat for her children's bath?

cthia wrote:They finally replaced her personal non hypercapable ship that she lost during a kamikaze ride to save Beth and company when they were visiting Yeltsin. What type of ship was her little hotrod called?

Anyway, that wasn't quite what she was asking for. LOL

The Jamie Candless was just called a runabout, so far as I can tell.

Return to Honorverse