Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests

Mission Report: SphinxCon 2018

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Mission Report: SphinxCon 2018
Post by roseandheather   » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:53 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Hello all! This is exactly what it says on the title. :lol:

1. I finally got a chance to meet His Celeryness in person. I did, in fact, manage to refrain from maiming him with a torch and pitchfork. Don't ask me how, I don't know. :lol: (Disclaimer: I would NEVER. It just makes me feel better to threaten to a lot.)

2. I have now been suckered into joining the TRMN, courtesy of a very nice man with whom I share a mutual interest in the Republic of Haven and who happens to be the spitting image of Lester Tourville, uniform included. If he hangs around here, he should send me a message and thereby spare all the rest of you from listening to my endless rants re: my love of the Republic. :D
2a. I joined the RHN. Because of course I did. :mrgreen:

3. No, I don't have any inside intel into anything that's upcoming. His Celeryness did say that a sequel to Out of the Dark (creatively entitled Into the Light) is in the pipeline, as is The Gordian Protocol, a collaboration with Jacob Holo, which is slated for publication this spring. It's a time-travel novel. There is a scene which takes place in a basement in which Weber took a vicious delight because it will make people cry. Naturally. Apparently there are a few other irons in the fire, but the next instalment of Hell's Gate will be later than planned due to Joelle Presby's pregnancy (congrats, Joelle!!)

4. The aforementioned very nice man and I both also think Tourville and Henke need to get married. RFC's plaintive response: "I didn't say they wouldn't get married!!" :twisted: Next task: Sonja and Shannon. 8-)
4b. Weber's firm answer on the matter of Eloise/Theisman: "It would never happen while she's still President."

5. I managed to speak to actual, live human beings whom I did not previously know. For yours truly, this is a major accomplishment. Take that, social anxiety!!!

6. I'm very glad I went, and found the panels both informative and highly engaging.

7. I do plan to go to another one. Eventually. After all, I represent the Republic now. :P

Any questions? Comments? Curses to heap upon my hapless head? Proceed! ;)
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Re: Mission Report: SphinxCon 2018
Post by cthia   » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:21 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Bravo, Rose!

Thanks for sharing that. I'm green with envy. Now I know what Pavel Young felt like.

'Ouch!'

But I'm surprised you joined the RHN.

'Ouch!!'

Well, we all know how that quadrant seasonally changes its stripes. If it changes again and you're caught wearing a Havenite uniform, Rose, you do know I won't be able to update you on the status of Cupid's progress in the RMN any longer? It'd all be classified material to a Havenite.

'Ouch!' ... STOP THAT! err stop that.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:43 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

You mean you didn't even sprain his ankle? :shock:

"Quickly, check your hair for any inexplicable residue of handwavium-laced pixie dust!"

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Fireflair   » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:54 pm

Fireflair
Captain of the List

Congratulation on attending and I wish you luck with TRMN. If the convention were anywhere within 6 or 8 hours of me I'd probably try to make it out for it but alas... So many of the good conventions where the authors I know and love go are well beyond my reach.
Post by ldwechsler   » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:31 am

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

Fireflair wrote:Congratulation on attending and I wish you luck with TRMN. If the convention were anywhere within 6 or 8 hours of me I'd probably try to make it out for it but alas... So many of the good conventions where the authors I know and love go are well beyond my reach.

I'm in South Florida and they never hold conventions nearby. They did have them when I lived in New York. On the other hand, I also don't have snow and in a few minutes I'll be swimming in a very nice outdoor pool.

Return to Honorverse