Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 47 guests

Typos.? Where do I report??

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Typos.? Where do I report??
Post by Kynd   » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:44 pm

Kynd
Midshipman

:?: Please be KYND , :D Where do I report some typos I found in UH?? Found 4.
Re: Typos.? Where do I report??
Post by JohnRoth   » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:05 pm

JohnRoth
Admiral

Kynd wrote::?: Please be KYND , :D Where do I report some typos I found in UH?? Found 4.

I doubt if it'll do any good. That horse has left the barn, and I've never seen anything get fixed in the subsequent paperbacks.
Post by cthia   » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:22 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Well, at this point Kynd, I think the most anyone can do is choose to either ignore it or circle it with a red marker like an English teacher does and then - just like an English teacher does - decide whether a typo merits subtracting a few points from an otherwise flawless . . . several-year-project?

BUT! There's no reason you can't expose the four critters you found here. Especially since additional sets of eyes can ascertain, confirm and know - for certain - that there are and they are, indeed typos. Before or after spoiler season - following the rules of the season. Of course.

We are all curious cats-n-the-hats of life. Incurably.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by stewart   » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:32 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

cthia wrote:Well, at this point Kynd, I think the most anyone can do is choose to either ignore it or circle it with a red marker like an English teacher does and then - just like an English teacher does - decide whether a typo merits subtracting a few points from an otherwise flawless . . . several-year-project?

BUT! There's no reason you can't expose the four critters you found here. Especially since additional sets of eyes can ascertain, confirm and know - for certain - that there are and they are, indeed typos. Before or after spoiler season - following the rules of the season. Of course.

-------------

In "Call to Vengence" , at least the copy I saw in B&N, Travis Long's name was underlined in almost every instance.

-- Oh Well

-- Stewart
Post by Kynd   » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:48 am

Kynd
Midshipman

Kynd wrote::?: Please be KYND , :D Where do I report some typos I found in UH?? Found 4.

Well I guess I will call Daud *Daoud* as I found at the beginning of the book and the observation done/dome at the end to name two. Thank you so much for being KIND.
Post by Fox2!   » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:05 pm

Fox2!
Commodore

stewart wrote:
cthia wrote:Well, at this point Kynd, I think the most anyone can do is choose to either ignore it or circle it with a red marker like an English teacher does and then - just like an English teacher does - decide whether a typo merits subtracting a few points from an otherwise flawless . . . several-year-project?

-------------

In "Call to Vengence" , at least the copy I saw in B&N, Travis Long's name was underlined in almost every instance.

-- Oh Well

-- Stewart

I thinks it's actually about half. And there are some other odd underlinings besides Travis.
Post by Robert_A_Woodward   » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:15 am

Robert_A_Woodward
Captain of the List

Fox2! wrote:
stewart wrote:
(SNIP)

-- Oh Well

-- Stewart

I thinks it's actually about half. And there are some other odd underlinings besides Travis.

I did a complete search. While I can't find my tabulated results, IIRC, all 60 occurrences of "Travis's" was underlined. One occurrence of "O'Higgins's" was underlined; another was not. Every other word that end with "s's" was not underlined (there are 68 of those).
----------------------------
Beowulf was bad.
(first sentence of Chapter VI of _Space Viking_ by H. Beam Piper)
Post by Lord Skimper   » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:58 pm

Lord Skimper
Vice Admiral

We have all reported typos and big errors little errors etc... My first post was pointing out a whole paragraph that was wrong.

Return to Honorverse