Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 71 guests

[Spoilers] Axelrod and the Manticore Wormhole Junction

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: [Spoilers] Axelrod and the Manticore Wormhole Junction
Post by Fox2!   » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:23 am

Fox2!
Commodore

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
They even sold swamp land on the Southern Penissula as well as frozen over land on the Copper Wall Mountains of Sphynx to the most gullable.

Hey, didn't Richard and Marjorie Harrington get their freehold in the "frozen over" Copper Walls? Or were they just in the foothills? I thought the Copper Walls were part of the Crown Reserve and eventually became part of the Treecat's holdings.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:52 am

TFLYTSNBN

JohnRoth wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:

Great Pun!

Thank you! I mean Axelrod was begging for something, but it still took work, especially since I'm not a car person, so it was a while before the word differential dawned on me.

Now if only "Differential Equations" could somehow be "Intergrated" into your pun.
Post by saber964   » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:58 pm

saber964
Admiral

Fox2! wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:
They even sold swamp land on the Southern Penissula as well as frozen over land on the Copper Wall Mountains of Sphynx to the most gullable.

Hey, didn't Richard and Marjorie Harrington get their freehold in the "frozen over" Copper Walls? Or were they just in the foothills? I thought the Copper Walls were part of the Crown Reserve and eventually became part of the Treecat's holdings.

IIRC the Harrington Freehold "Craggy Hollow" is a 20km x 20km plot of land bordering the Tannerman Gulf and the Copper Wall Mountains Nature Reserve it sits 60km from the town of Twin Forks.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:49 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Galactic Sapper wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:The abuses of OFS and the Transtellers are somewhat analogous to the US conquering Haiti so that we can plunder the so called "economy."

The MWJ is one of the few resources in the Honorverse worth conquering. I am amazed that the there was any argument in King Roger's time against acquiring at least a squadron of modern for the day BBs, DNs or SDs.

Probably a better analogy would be Spain and Britain and their New World colonies in the 17th and 18th centuries.

Spain looted the new world for gold which the native Americans had already mined for them. Further mining was coerced but when the gold ran out so did the profit. The only enduring benefit to the Spanish conquistadors were the opportunities​ to inseminate and impregnate the native American women.

Return to Honorverse