Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 80 guests

House of Steel Vol 2

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
House of Steel Vol 2
Post by Hiruu   » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:59 pm

Hiruu
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Is this in the works? It would be extremely useful, although I'm not sure how the last one performed to justify the creation of it. May in a few more years after more technological changes, we can see a new book released. One for Safehold would be nice as well.
Re: House of Steel Vol 2
Post by JohnRoth   » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:45 pm

JohnRoth
Admiral

Hiruu wrote:Is this in the works? It would be extremely useful, although I'm not sure how the last one performed to justify the creation of it. May in a few more years after more technological changes, we can see a new book released. One for Safehold would be nice as well.

The next two volumes of the Honorverse companion are supposed to be called House of Lies and House of Shadows, and I haven't heard anything about them for a long time.
Post by kzt   » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:04 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

I still think the SL book should the 'The House of Cards'.
Post by MaxxQ   » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:30 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

kzt wrote:I still think the SL book should the 'The House of Cards'.

Ditto, but I think there would be some major issues for us if we used that title ;)

Not to go into too much detail, but BuNine has been slowly working on it (House of Lies) in between real-life stuff going on. Can't even give a rough estimate on when it'll be out, so all we ask for is a bit of patience.
Post by cthia   » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:40 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

MaxxQ wrote:

Ditto, but I think there would be some major issues for us if we used that title ;)

Not to go into too much detail, but BuNine has been slowly working on it (House of Lies) in between real-life stuff going on. Can't even give a rough estimate on when it'll be out, so all we ask for is a bit of patience.

House of Shards would work quite well too. Perhaps even better.

I've always thought a Weber book in the same vein as the Star Trek Technical manual would sell for several bars of Gold-pressed Latinum, made available by any Ferengi.

Why that manual? Why, for the exhaustive technical data along with up to date highly detailed glossy maps.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by JohnRoth   » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:28 pm

JohnRoth
Admiral

MaxxQ wrote:

Well, you know the Prayer for Patience:

(Said with gritted death) "Dear Lord, please give me patience. I need it right now."
Post by isaac_newton   » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:21 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

JohnRoth wrote:
MaxxQ wrote:SNIP

Well, you know the Prayer for Patience:

(Said with gritted death) "Dear Lord, please give me patience. I need it right now."

Very good :-)
[and very true!]
Post by Theemile   » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:26 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

MaxxQ wrote:

Hey MaxxQ, any recent artwork?
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by ldwechsler   » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:29 pm

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

Theemile wrote:

Hey MaxxQ, any recent artwork?[/quote]

Frankly, I would far more get the next book in the Honor universe, one that begins the new arc...although I have heard rumors there will be a Zilwicki and Cachat book coming.
Post by MaxxQ   » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:54 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

Theemile wrote:
MaxxQ wrote:Ditto, but I think there would be some major issues for us if we used that title ;)

Hey MaxxQ, any recent artwork?

Unfortunately, no. The same real-life issues keeping us from finishing the Companion are also interfering with me getting the sketches I need to update the current crop of ships, then move on to stuff I haven't done yet. Seems that when one of us has time, the rest are busy, and vice-versa.

S'why I haven't been here much recently, and soon, it will be our busy season at work (holidays are rough on jewelers), which in the past has meant 12-14 hour days, 6-7 days a week for about 3 months.

Return to Honorverse