Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Robert_A_Woodward and 23 guests

House of Steel Vol 2

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: House of Steel Vol 2
Post by tlb   » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:59 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

kzt wrote:I still think the SL book should the 'The House of Cards'.

MaxxQ wrote:Ditto, but I think there would be some major issues for us if we used that title ;)

Not to go into too much detail, but BuNine has been slowly working on it (House of Lies) in between real-life stuff going on. Can't even give a rough estimate on when it'll be out, so all we ask for is a bit of patience.

Theemile wrote:Hey MaxxQ, any recent artwork?

ldwechsler wrote:Frankly, I would far more get the next book in the Honor universe, one that begins the new arc...although I have heard rumors there will be a Zilwicki and Cachat book coming.

I thought I read that RFC would still be doing collaboration books: such as with Eric Flint; so I certainly hope that the dynamic duo will dig further into the Malign.

What new arc are you expecting?
Post by Galactic Sapper   » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:55 am

Galactic Sapper
Captain of the List

MaxxQ wrote:
kzt wrote:I still think the SL book should the 'The House of Cards'.

Ditto, but I think there would be some major issues for us if we used that title ;)

Not to go into too much detail, but BuNine has been slowly working on it (House of Lies) in between real-life stuff going on. Can't even give a rough estimate on when it'll be out, so all we ask for is a bit of patience.

House of Straw?

Seeing as a Big Bad Wolf just huffed and puffed...
Post by Theemile   » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:19 am

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

MaxxQ wrote:
Theemile wrote:Hey MaxxQ, any recent artwork?

Unfortunately, no. The same real-life issues keeping us from finishing the Companion are also interfering with me getting the sketches I need to update the current crop of ships, then move on to stuff I haven't done yet. Seems that when one of us has time, the rest are busy, and vice-versa.

S'why I haven't been here much recently, and soon, it will be our busy season at work (holidays are rough on jewelers), which in the past has meant 12-14 hour days, 6-7 days a week for about 3 months.

Totally understandable. Hopefully Hours = $$ - a situation which makes what little free time you have more enjoyable.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by stewart   » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:56 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

I've always thought a Weber book in the same vein as the Star Trek Technical manual would sell for several bars of Gold-pressed Latinum, made available by any Ferengi.

Why that manual? Why, for the exhaustive technical data along with up to date highly detailed glossy maps.[/quote]

---------------

If his Celeryness gave away all his secrets and detailed maps there would be no "Tum de tum, tum....."

-- Stewart
Post by Fox2!   » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:01 pm

Fox2!
Commodore

cthia wrote:House of Shards would work quite well too. Perhaps even better.

Might run into problems with Vorkiverse Shards of Honor
Post by kzt   » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:42 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Fox2! wrote:
cthia wrote:House of Shards would work quite well too. Perhaps even better.

Might run into problems with Vorkiverse Shards of Honor

Titles are not copyrightable. The presentation of the title is, but not the title itself.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:07 pm

TFLYTSNBN

House of Feces?

Return to Honorverse