Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: markusschaber and 44 guests

Tomorrow's book signing

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Tomorrow's book signing
Post by jlrice54   » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:49 pm

jlrice54
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Senior Chief wrote:Oh yeah there will be a new Stephanie Harrington novel written

PLus a full Alfred Harrington novel as well covering his RMMC days and how he met Allison.
Post by saber964   » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:53 pm

saber964
Admiral

jlrice54 wrote:
Senior Chief wrote:Oh yeah there will be a new Stephanie Harrington novel written

PLus a full Alfred Harrington novel as well covering his RMMC days and how he met Allison.

Beauty and the Beast Beginnings World's of Honor #6 will tell you all you need to know about Alfred and Allison meeting.
Post by Senior Chief   » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:50 pm

Senior Chief
Commander

jlrice54 wrote:

But this is probably the last Honor Harrington novel. That was my question at the Dallas signing after the Q&A session. He told me he just couldn’t send Honor on a death mission but he doesn’t have another in the plans.

Yeah he said the same thing. Can not send home fleet on death rides.
Post by drothgery   » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:52 pm

drothgery
Admiral

Senior Chief wrote:Tomorrow evening at 7:30 PST I get to meet David Weber at Mysterious Galaxy book signing. I may do a repeat the next day at when he is at the Navy Base for another book signing. Just whole loads of fun Thursday and Friday. :)

So he was in town while I was in Europe.
Still, RFC isn't as cute as my SO, so I guess that's fine...
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:11 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

Senior Chief wrote:Tomorrow evening at 7:30 PST I get to meet David Weber at Mysterious Galaxy book signing. I may do a repeat the next day at when he is at the Navy Base for another book signing. Just whole loads of fun Thursday and Friday. :)

Good for you!
I just finished Uncompromising Honor... if it is not his finest work yet, I don't know what is!

Especially like the interaction in Chicago Jan/Feb 1923 that began "What do you mean you won't go out and fight?"
We in the US could use a very large dose of such moral integrity...
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by Ramoth4455   » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:04 am

Ramoth4455
Midshipman

PLus a full Alfred Harrington novel as well covering his RMMC days and how he met Allison.[/quote]

Beauty and the Beast Beginnings World's of Honor #6 will tell you all you need to know about Alfred and Allison meeting.[/quote]

Do you know when World's of Honor #6 will be out? I thought I had missed the story about Alfred and Allison when it was mentioned by her brother in Uncompromising Honor. It's why I came here to see if anyone knew the name of the story. Thanks!

Sylvie
Post by Dauntless   » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:04 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

worlds of honor 6 has been out for some time, at least 2 years.

correction according to amazon it was released December 2013. so over 5 years since release.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beginnings-Wor ... s+of+honor
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:49 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

PLus a full Alfred Harrington novel as well covering his RMMC days and how he met Allison.[/quote]

Beauty and the Beast Beginnings World's of Honor #6 will tell you all you need to know about Alfred and Allison meeting.[/quote]

When one sits at the feet of the grand master story teller, one should not presume that any thread of any story is not a crumb I would like to catch.
Sure, himself told us of how they met but not what they did on their second date.

I would like to be as a bird perched on that branch and saw and heard everything. (paraphrase Merlin)
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by Ramoth4455   » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:25 pm

Ramoth4455
Midshipman

Dauntless wrote:worlds of honor 6 has been out for some time, at least 2 years.

correction according to amazon it was released December 2013. so over 5 years since release.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beginnings-Wor ... s+of+honor

Thanks so much! I had bought it but the list of books I had didn't list it. Now going read it.

Sylvie
Post by roseandheather   » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:31 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Senior Chief wrote:
Dauntless wrote:sequel to apocalypse troll?!

wow that is one of RFC most stand alone works as there is almost no threads to tug on to use for a sequel.

i'd expect a new prince roger, Fury, or even bolo before more Troll

Yeah that made everyone happy to hear that. He said he has short stories in the works Not sure of the correct spelling of names but a story about a Peep training officer; Yu and two midshipman Thiesman and another main character. :) Also stores about how Prichard meets the love of he life. :) If I recall some more I will post.

Said he wrote the House of Steel intro and ending while sitting at the kitchen table while eating. :roll:

Nothing more on going for Fury. :(

His health is better and that is the MAIN THING as far as I am concern, have had to many of my favorite authors kick the bucket and pass on in the last decade. :(

::silently explodes into confetti and ascends to a higher plane of existence::
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."

Return to Honorverse