Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 41 guests

An allance warship crewed by treecats?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
An allance warship crewed by treecats?
Post by dsrseraphin   » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:33 pm

dsrseraphin
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

First, now that treecats have come out of the forest so to speak - should they be recognized as having their own polity?

Regardless, what else can they provide besides strategic level vip security?

Can they contribute to the war effort in a more direct fashion? Should they be allowed to?

Nimitz with his latest model vac-suit helps me envision a treecat doing 0g S&R

If yes & yes, what role is best... Jarheads, Fighter Jocks (LAC crew), line crew, or submariners (sleuthing spider drive crew); maybe they're better at navigating grav-waves therefore best in the deep space navy?

Obvious advantage of an all treecat crew is reduced life support needs per crew member. What are other nuts & bolts pros & cons?

This enquiringly mind would like to know.
Re: An allance warship crewed by treecats?
Post by cthia   » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:42 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

dsrseraphin wrote:First, now that treecats have come out of the forest so to speak - should they be recognized as having their own polity?

Regardless, what else can they provide besides strategic level vip security?

Can they contribute to the war effort in a more direct fashion? Should they be allowed to?

Nimitz with his latest model vac-suit helps me envision a treecat doing 0g S&R

If yes & yes, what role is best... Jarheads, Fighter Jocks (LAC crew), line crew, or submariners (sleuthing spider drive crew); maybe they're better at navigating grav-waves therefore best in the deep space navy?

Obvious advantage of an all treecat crew is reduced life support needs per crew member. What are other nuts & bolts pros & cons?

This enquiringly mind would like to know.

I was wondering if they could be used in some capacity to fight the ship during downward translations until everyone else clears their head, if they aren't susceptible to the same nausea.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Relax   » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:03 am

Relax
Fleet Admiral

Its all good until they see a laser painted across a nebula... :o :o :o
_________
Tally Ho!
Relax
Post by cthia   » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:59 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Treecats can also serve as internal cops to handle rebellious, mutinous officers like Randy Steilman and his brood. Why didn't Honor sic Nimitz on Steilman?

"Sic 'em boy!"

Can you sic a treecat? ::shrugs::

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:59 pm

TFLYTSNBN

I imagine that the most horrifying image for SKM enemies will be to haveva fleet of SD(P)s and CLACs drop into their system anf open communications to be greeted by the image of an adorable, furry, six limbed aboreal creature sitting in its tiny command chair which then starts using its truehands to sign its demand for immediate, unconditional surrender.
Post by cthia   » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:12 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:I imagine that the most horrifying image for SKM enemies will be to haveva fleet of SD(P)s and CLACs drop into their system anf open communications to be greeted by the image of an adorable, furry, six limbed aboreal creature sitting in its tiny command chair which then starts using its truehands to sign its demand for immediate, unconditional surrender.

:lol:

And the consequences of noncompliance signed . . .

One true finger dragged across the throat.

Post by dsrseraphin   » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:14 pm

dsrseraphin
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

cthia wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:I imagine that the most horrifying image for SKM enemies will be to haveva fleet of SD(P)s and CLACs drop into their system anf open communications to be greeted by the image of an adorable, furry, six limbed aboreal creature sitting in its tiny command chair which then starts using its truehands to sign its demand for immediate, unconditional surrender.

Don't forget 'claw out' on that true finger :twisted:
Post by cthia   » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:41 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:

Dsrserafin wrote:Don't forget 'claw out' on that true finger :twisted:

Ears flattened. 8-) :lol:

Post by Galactic Sapper   » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:44 pm

Galactic Sapper
Captain of the List

I was thinking more a commando raid with itty bitty treecat-sized satchel charges left in places no human could access to check for them (or even fit easily).

A commando team capable of scaling the side of your building without special gear and able to see IR sensor beams - and a fifth the size of a normal human anyway - introduces all sorts of new security vulnerabilities.
Post by cthia   » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:53 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

OH MY! . . .

Return to Honorverse