Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 150 guests

Hurricane Florence & DW in South Carolina

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Hurricane Florence & DW in South Carolina
Post by cthia   » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:29 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I don't know where in South Carolina our author lives, but parts of South Carolina took a beating in one of the worst storms to hit the East Coast. There are so many downed trees and damaged or destroyed homes and lives destroyed. Death toll, 36.

My Hummer is still on loan for the third time and is performing flawlessly. Go Humvee!

Has anyone heard how David made it through the storm? Did he remain at home? Does he live in an area hit hard? Does he have power and water at home? Has he even returned to assess damage?

Hope you, Sharon and the family are well DW!

There was at least one death in South Carolina. :(

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Re: Hurricane Florence & DW in South Carolina
Post by cthia   » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:45 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

You mean no one knows if the old man is okay and not floating atop his home?

Duckk?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Dauntless   » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:58 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

i've seen the odd facebook post his page since the hurricane. so i'm sure he is alive and well
Post by cthia   » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:09 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Dauntless wrote:i've seen the odd facebook post his page since the hurricane. so i'm sure he is alive and well

Thanks. I was checking all forums and hadn't heard hide nor hair of him since. First I've heard of a Facebook page. Thanks for that info as well.

Post by cthia   » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:00 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

No disrespect at all to this Navy veteran, but I had already said a prayer for Weber before Florence hit. What made me worry even more about David was seeing this page flash across the computer screen while I was preoccupied. The reporter kept saying Davis, Davis, Davis. I thought he was saying David. When I finally looked up at the screen I saw this guy. He's having a yard sale, but at first glance it appears to be hurricane damaged goods . I somewhat panicked. The guy is a spitting image of David Weber. Everyone has a doppelganger I suppose.

As one of the women of my HV harem would say, "Oops." :?

Post by Henry Brown   » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:02 am

Henry Brown
Commodore

cthia wrote:I don't know where in South Carolina our author lives, but parts of South Carolina took a beating in one of the worst storms to hit the East Coast.
(

He lives in Greenville SC. It's in the western part of SC, well away from the coast.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:30 am

TFLYTSNBN

Henry Brown wrote:
cthia wrote:I don't know where in South Carolina our author lives, but parts of South Carolina took a beating in one of the worst storms to hit the East Coast.
(

He lives in Greenville SC. It's in the western part of SC, well away from the coast.

Biggest damage from Florence is flooding. Weber is at risk.
Post by cthia   » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:58 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Just one day in Greenville after storm hits coast. Over a third of the county already without power with at least 2-4 more days of rain.

Post by Donnachaidh   » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:20 pm

Donnachaidh
Rear Admiral

He's made a couple facebook posts since the hurricane and they've still been promoting his west coast book tour for UH that starts this week.
Post by Henry Brown   » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:23 pm

Henry Brown
Commodore

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Biggest damage from Florence is flooding. Weber is at risk.

Well aware of that. I live in North Carolina. In fact, the company I work for had their shop in Kinston NC flooded by the Neuse river. However, most of the flooding in both NC and SC was within 100 miles of the coast. And in most cases within 50 or 60 miles. Greenville SC is further inland than that.
Last edited by Henry Brown on Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Honorverse