Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 49 guests

How do you read the Honorverse?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: How do you read the Honorverse?
Post by kzt   » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:22 am

kzt
Fleet Admiral

ldwechsler wrote:Once I read it, I tried getting my hands on the earlier books and they were not read in order. Which was good since the next book was Honor of the Queen, which was probably the best of the early ones.

After that point, I've been reading them in order because I started buying them on Amazon.

It's not absolutely necessary to do them chronologically. Yes, it is nice to do that, but hardly necessary. Some books are fantastic, others merely good.

The Talbott Quadrant books have little direct relation to Honor. The Zilwicki/Cachat books often as well.

The important thing is to read them. Oh, and really enjoy them.

Honor of the Queen is the best book in the series.
Post by cthia   » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:27 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

All I can do is repeat my feeling that losing my hymen with Honor and her crew On Basilisk Station drew me in to that inner circle like a lust filled orgy.

Lose your virginity to On Basilisk Station if there is a choice. Recommending anything less to a clumsy inexperienced virgin on his/her maiden voyage is simply uncivilized.

I cried tears of joy and pain during that lovemaking session. As it should be.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by OsageOrange   » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:57 pm

OsageOrange
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

JohnRoth wrote:To add a bit more.

You've missed the entire Stepanie Harrington series. The "Call" series occurs before any of the Honor Harrington books.

Tried reading and thumbing through the first Stephanie novel and wasn't too impressed, so that's why I omitted it. I also updated this list as I've been going through War of Honor, and I'm still on the way my readlist use to be. Still need to get the MA series read.

Relax wrote:The Service of the Sword should be read after Ashes of Victory. Not after Echoes of Honor. It happens in the interwar period.

True, but for me, I read it there because I "catch up" quickly enough in AoV, as 'Fanatic' does overlap with the end of AoV, and The Service of the Sword not too long after

Return to Honorverse