Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 54 guests

When did Honor become the MVP?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: When did Honor become the MVP?
Post by SharkHunter   » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:19 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

Late to the thread and was looking for a good post to reply to, but "when did she become MVP?". Different times for her various roles.

Obviously preventing the takeover of the Basilik terminus was an MVP moment. For Grayson, she's the MVP from Hono of the Queen through Flag in Exile. But the turning point for me -- which others have identified -- is her stint on the Weapons Development Board post Honor Among Enemies, and jerking up Hamish short for dismissing the recommendations made which arguably enabled the Star Kingdom to not only survive but become the pre-eminent space navy in the entire series.

My favorite other MVP characters, by the way, are Scotty Tremaine and Horace Harkness. Between the two they not only saved Honor's proverbial backside a number of times, but are some of her most successful proteges.
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all
Post by ldwechsler   » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:41 am

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

SharkHunter wrote:Late to the thread and was looking for a good post to reply to, but "when did she become MVP?". Different times for her various roles.

Obviously preventing the takeover of the Basilik terminus was an MVP moment. For Grayson, she's the MVP from Hono of the Queen through Flag in Exile. But the turning point for me -- which others have identified -- is her stint on the Weapons Development Board post Honor Among Enemies, and jerking up Hamish short for dismissing the recommendations made which arguably enabled the Star Kingdom to not only survive but become the pre-eminent space navy in the entire series.

My favorite other MVP characters, by the way, are Scotty Tremaine and Horace Harkness. Between the two they not only saved Honor's proverbial backside a number of times, but are some of her most successful proteges.

Her MVP status came when RFC decided to make her the central character.
Post by cthia   » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:45 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

ldwechsler wrote:
SharkHunter wrote:Late to the thread and was looking for a good post to reply to, but "when did she become MVP?". Different times for her various roles.

Her MVP status came when RFC decided to make her the central character.

Not according to him. RFC jerked me up short when I complained that the RMN was sending their best officer out in tin cans and underpowered to boot. In a nutshell, the author had the nerve and audacity to inform me that Honor didn't become the bees knees until quite some time later. We're speculating on what "later" means.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Honorverse