Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 59 guests

Cleopatra Schwartz

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Cleopatra Schwartz
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:05 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Still waiting if anyone can figure out who Cleopatra Schwartz is without resorting to Google and why she along with Pam Grier fits my image of Queen Elizebeth.
Re: Cleopatra Schwartz
Post by cthia   » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:14 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Still waiting if anyone can figure out who Cleopatra Schwartz is without resorting to Google and why she along with Pam Grier fits my image of Queen Elizebeth.

I admit that I haven't a clue. Taking it in context and considering the era in discussion, I thought you mistakenly tried to reference the other single black heroine of the era, Cleopatra Jones. Other than that, I'm at a loss w/o turning to my research assistant, Miss Google.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Bill Woods   » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:04 pm

Bill Woods
Captain of the List

TFLYTSNBN wrote:Still waiting if anyone can figure out who Cleopatra Schwartz is without resorting to Google and why she along with Pam Grier fits my image of Queen Elizebeth.

A character in a movies I haven't seen, apparently.
----
Imagined conversation:
Admiral [noting yet another Manty tech surprise]:
XO, what's the budget for the ONI?
Vice Admiral: I don't recall exactly, sir. Several billion quatloos.
Admiral: ... What do you suppose they did with all that money?
Post by runsforcelery   » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:38 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

Bill Woods wrote:

A character in a movies I haven't seen, apparently.

The only one I can think of --- and I've done my level best to blot the entire movie out over the years, you understand, until your query brought it back in my nightmares, thank you ever so much --- is a segment from a really, really bad indy flick from the 70s or early 80s. It shall remain nameless in honor of your quiz question, but is that what you had in mind?

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:04 pm

TFLYTSNBN

runsforcelery wrote:
The only one I can think of --- and I've done my level best to blot the entire movie out over the years, you understand, until your query brought it back in my nightmares, thank you ever so much --- is a segment from a really, really bad indy flick from the 70s or early 80s. It shall remain nameless in honor of your quiz question, but is that what you had in mind?

Right On!

TMTSNBN was a comedy classic. Bruce Lee's ENTER THE DRAGON is incomprehensible until you've seen the FOR A FIST FULL OF YEN segment.

The shower scene was FANTASTIC!

Either my boys stole my copy of that movie or my wife disposed of it.
Post by Bill Woods   » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:05 pm

Bill Woods
Captain of the List

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
runsforcelery wrote:... a really, really bad indy flick from the 70s or early 80s. It shall remain nameless in honor of your quiz question, but is that what you had in mind?

Right On!

TMTSNBN was a comedy classic.

Oh. That's what your handle means? But what does the "FLY" stand for?
Last edited by Bill Woods on Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----
Imagined conversation:
Admiral [noting yet another Manty tech surprise]:
XO, what's the budget for the ONI?
Vice Admiral: I don't recall exactly, sir. Several billion quatloos.
Admiral: ... What do you suppose they did with all that money?
Post by jchilds   » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:24 pm

jchilds
Captain of the List

The FLY That Shall Not Be Named?

So a nameless fly? :?:

Return to Honorverse