Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 46 guests

Which book(s) cover 10th and 2nd Fleets arriving at Mesa

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Which book(s) cover 10th and 2nd Fleets arriving at Mesa
Post by sonex   » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:42 am

sonex
Lieutenant Commander

I just finished a reread of "Cauldron of Ghosts", where there is a very brief mention of the arrival of a Fleet at Mesa in the next to last chapter. I thought there was a more thorough description in another book (or snipet), but with my growing dementia, I don't remember where.

Can anyone help?
This forum has been very helpful in the past!
Thanks, Bruce
:oops:
Honor Harrington and Safehold nut.
Re: Which book(s) cover 10th and 2nd Fleets arriving at Mesa
Post by Fireflair   » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:45 am

Fireflair
Captain of the List

I believe it is in Shadow of Freedom that Mike arrives in Mesan orbit and the nukes all go off.
Post by Dauntless   » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:59 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

I belive Shadow Freedow ends with Mike planning to go to Mesa but it is Shaodw of vitory before she actually gets there.
Post by sonex   » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:11 pm

sonex
Lieutenant Commander

Dauntless wrote:I belive Shadow Freedow ends with Mike planning to go to Mesa but it is Shaodw of vitory before she actually gets there.

Thanks. I just found it in "Shadow of Victory". CH 76 and later covers the arrival of Tourville and his 2nd Fleet joining Henke on the way to Mesa.

Later chapters cover the arrival of Gold Peek's Fleet at Mesa. And then more chaos occurs on Mesa.

"Cauldron of Ghosts" also very briefly mentioned the arrival of Gold Peak at Mesa.

I knew I had read "Shadow of Victory" earlier this year, but out of good timeline order! Read "Shadow of Victory" just at the end of July. I will reorder my "order of read" of the Honorverse books!

Thanks for pointing me at the books.

Bruce
:D :D :D
Honor Harrington and Safehold nut.
Post by roseandheather   » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:42 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

I'm not gonna lie, most of what I remember about SoV is Lester and Michelle flirting with each other. Which probably says absolutely terrible things about my priorities. :D

You know how I could reorder my priorities list, RFC? By you giving us all the juicy details on how the Tourville-Henkes wind up married, so I don't have to spend valuable mental energy on wondering about it. :mrgreen:

But yes, that is the book where Lester and 2nd Fleet team up with Michelle to go put a million or so boots up the MAlign's collective backside. Too bad their target had already relocated itself. :evil:
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by jchilds   » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:29 am

jchilds
Captain of the List

roseandheather wrote:I'm not gonna lie, most of what I remember about SoV is Lester and Michelle flirting with each other. Which probably says absolutely terrible things about my priorities. :D

You know how I could reorder my priorities list, RFC? By you giving us all the juicy details on how the Tourville-Henkes wind up married, so I don't have to spend valuable mental energy on wondering about it. :mrgreen:

But yes, that is the book where Lester and 2nd Fleet team up with Michelle to go put a million or so boots up the MAlign's collective backside. Too bad their target had already relocated itself. :evil:

You could do your own "Rose's Preferred Edition" audiobooks with your non-canon inserts/changes? Oh, wait, that might not turn out so well... :twisted:

I'm sure it'd be a fascinating listen though. :lol:
Post by Shannon_Foraker   » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:14 am

Shannon_Foraker
Commander

jchilds wrote:
roseandheather wrote:I'm not gonna lie, most of what I remember about SoV is Lester and Michelle flirting with each other. Which probably says absolutely terrible things about my priorities. :D

You could do your own "Rose's Preferred Edition" audiobooks with your non-canon inserts/changes? Oh, wait, that might not turn out so well... :twisted:

If Rose made the audiobooks, we'd actually get Shannon/Sonja, not just Shannon & Sonja. Unfortunately, she's gotten less obsessed with the Honorverse lately.
Post by cthia   » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:57 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

jchilds wrote:

Shannon_Foraket wrote:If Rose made the audiobooks, we'd actually get Shannon/Sonja, not just Shannon & Sonja. Unfortunately, she's gotten less obsessed with the Honorverse lately.

If Rose made the audiobooks, people would have to be wary of melted headphones. Ironic because they'd sell like hotcakes. LOL

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Shannon_Foraker   » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:03 am

Shannon_Foraker
Commander

cthia wrote:
jchilds wrote:I'm not gonna lie, most of what I remember about SoV is Lester and Michelle flirting with each other. Which probably says absolutely terrible things about my priorities. :D

Shannon_Foraket wrote:If Rose made the audiobooks, we'd actually get Shannon/Sonja, not just Shannon & Sonja. Unfortunately, she's gotten less obsessed with the Honorverse lately.

If Rose made the audiobooks, people would have to be wary of melted headphones. Ironic because they'd sell like hotcakes. LOL

I'd listen to Rose's audio books if she recorded a fan edition, because I need, post GA
- Shannon/Sonja
- Lester/Mike
- Tom/Eloise
This list goes on...
Post by cthia   » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:43 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
jchilds wrote:I'm not gonna lie, most of what I remember about SoV is Lester and Michelle flirting with each other. Which probably says absolutely terrible things about my priorities. :D

Shannon_Foraker wrote:If Rose made the audiobooks, we'd actually get Shannon/Sonja, not just Shannon & Sonja. Unfortunately, she's gotten less obsessed with the Honorverse lately.

Shannon_Foraker wrote:I'd listen to Rose's audio books if she recorded a fan edition, because I need, post GA
- Shannon/Sonja
- Lester/Mike
- Tom/Eloise
This list goes on...

The Cowboy and the Princess? How quaint, but I like it.

About Henke arriving at Mesa. Is there anyone else in the forum hungry for more Henke-blooded battle scenes? I like her style, it is quite different than Honor's. Henke offered a refreshing change of pace from everyone else. How does she strike you in comparison to White Haven and Honor? The perfect amalgamation of the two? In fact, IMO, with Henke you get to see what would happen if Beth commanded a fleet.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Honorverse