Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests

Congratulations

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Congratulations
Post by NervousEnergy   » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:52 pm

NervousEnergy
Captain (Junior Grade)

runsforcelery wrote:
NervousEnergy wrote:It seems just a few years ago you were at ConDFW, doing Q&A and having a raucus auction for Mission of Honor advance manuscripts (the first of which went for over $1000). Then I realized that was NINE years ago... :o

I know traveling is a major chore for you, but I do hope you can get back to Texas eventually. We'll roll out the red carpet!

We had a great time and we'd love to come. As you say, though, travel is a chore, especially as I find myself getting older. Back problems are getting a lot worse, too. The good news is I don't need surgery. The bad news is that surgery wouldn't help! The worst of it, as far as our preference for mid-sized and smaller cons is concerned, is that unless they're in driving range, we just about have to fly first class (because of my un-operated-upon back and Sharon's much-operated-upon back) if we're going to be in the air for more than 45 minutes or so (and if the flight's that short, we probably are in driving range :roll:), which can be a genuine financial hardship for a small con. In fact, we did drive to ConDFW (which was a loooongdrive from SC), but no because the con couldn't spring for the airfare. Sharon's uncle lives in the area and we drove out with the entire family and her mom. Was the last time she and Gary saw each other before we lost her, too, and it was a great trip for everybody.

Thank you for reminding me of it!

Guess I'll just have to fly myself to HonorCon. Twist my arm...

Though that also reminds me - your daughters were at the auction that night (in the cutest outfits... ), and given that somehow 9 years have blinked by (I swear that con seems just a few years ago to me...) they must be at or near HS graduation! No wonder you're busy these days with 3... I'm happy you've got a few hours left in the day to write us some stories.

Your adoption 'through fiery trials' definitely inspired us through ours, though it was a total cakewalk compared to what you went through (though Russia shut down completely a year later, we were done.) She just started her second year of college, and I have no idea how I would have coped with more than one. Y'all are stronger folk than us!

I'll just have to make either NASFIC or DragonCon next year. A new Safehold tome will need signin'. :-)
Re: Congratulations
Post by Kufat   » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:08 pm

Kufat
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

runsforcelery wrote:We have.

I don't fit.

I'm 6'3" tall. Sleeper compartments are designed for hobbits.

This is true. I'm 5'11" and I only just fit.

Return to Honorverse