Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Daryl and 9 guests

Revised Read Order List

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Revised Read Order List
Post by sonex   » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:57 pm

sonex
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:37 pm
Location: Oregon, USA

After much review, I have a new Order to Read list.
Honorverse Read Order List

A Beautiful Friendship
Fire Season
A Call to Duty
A call to Arms
A Call to Vengeance
Beginnings
Treecat Wars

On Basilisk Station-----------HH1
The Honor of the Queen-----HH2
The Short Victorious War---HH3
Field of Dishonor--------------HH4
Flag in Exile--------------------HH5
Honor Among Enemies------HH6
More Than Honor________HA1 Anthologies
In Enemy Hands--------------HH7
Echoes of Honor--------------HH8
Ashes of Victory--------------HH9
Worlds of Honor_________HA2 Anthologies
Changer of Worlds________HA3 Anthologies
War of Honor------------------HH10
The Service of the Sword__HHA4 Anthologies
Crown of Slaves__________CS1 Slaves
At All Costs--------------------HH11
The Shadow of Saganami___SI1 Saganami
Shadow of Victory_______SI3 Saganami
Storm from the Shadows___SI2 Saganami
Torch of Freedom________CS2 Slaves
Mission of Honor-------------HH12
House of Steel
In Fire Forged___________HHA5 Anthologies
A Rising Thunder ------------HH13
Shadow of Freedom______SI4 Saganami
Cauldron of Ghosts_______CS3 Slaves
An Uncompromising Honor-HH14

This should work for my third re-read of the Honorverse!!
Which won't be until after HH14 comes out!
Currently on "Storm From the Shadows".
Going on to 82 Jan. 2019.
.
.
Honor Harrington and Safehold nut.
Top
Re: Revised Read Order List
Post by saber964   » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:50 pm

saber964
Admiral

Posts: 2294
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:41 pm
Location: Spokane WA USA

sonex wrote:After much review, I have a new Order to Read list.
Honorverse Read Order List

A Beautiful Friendship
Fire Season
A Call to Duty
A call to Arms
A Call to Vengeance
Beginnings
Treecat Wars

On Basilisk Station-----------HH1
The Honor of the Queen-----HH2
The Short Victorious War---HH3
Field of Dishonor--------------HH4
Flag in Exile--------------------HH5
Honor Among Enemies------HH6
More Than Honor________HA1 Anthologies
In Enemy Hands--------------HH7
Echoes of Honor--------------HH8
Ashes of Victory--------------HH9
Worlds of Honor_________HA2 Anthologies
Changer of Worlds________HA3 Anthologies
War of Honor------------------HH10
The Service of the Sword__HHA4 Anthologies
Crown of Slaves__________CS1 Slaves
At All Costs--------------------HH11
The Shadow of Saganami___SI1 Saganami
Shadow of Victory_______SI3 Saganami
Storm from the Shadows___SI2 Saganami
Torch of Freedom________CS2 Slaves
Mission of Honor-------------HH12
House of Steel
In Fire Forged___________HHA5 Anthologies
A Rising Thunder ------------HH13
Shadow of Freedom______SI4 Saganami
Cauldron of Ghosts_______CS3 Slaves
An Uncompromising Honor-HH14

This should work for my third re-read of the Honorverse!!
Which won't be until after HH14 comes out!
Currently on "Storm From the Shadows".
Going on to 82 Jan. 2019.
.
.


You forgot at least one anthology Beginnings HHA 6.
Top
Re: Revised Read Order List
Post by ZVar   » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:52 pm

ZVar
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:45 pm

No thanks. I've always been of the opinion that book series should always be read in published order, unless the author specifically states one book was written before the other and for some reason got published later.
Top
Re: Revised Read Order List
Post by JohnRoth   » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:06 pm

JohnRoth
Admiral

Posts: 2343
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:54 am
Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

ZVar wrote:No thanks. I've always been of the opinion that book series should always be read in published order, unless the author specifically states one book was written before the other and for some reason got published later.


Depends. First reading should, as you say, be in publication order. Subsequent readings should be in timeline order.
Top
Re: Revised Read Order List
Post by jeremyr   » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:53 pm

jeremyr
Lieutenant Commander

Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:33 pm
Location: Corinth, TX

JohnRoth wrote:
Depends. First reading should, as you say, be in publication order. Subsequent readings should be in timeline order.


I would agree with John. Timeline order on second, third, etc reread.
Top
Re: Revised Read Order List
Post by Theemile   » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:52 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 3159
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:50 pm
Location: Toledo, Ohio USA

saber964 wrote:
sonex wrote:After much review, I have a new Order to Read list.
Honorverse Read Order List

A Beautiful Friendship
Fire Season
A Call to Duty
A call to Arms
A Call to Vengeance
Beginnings
Treecat Wars

On Basilisk Station-----------HH1
The Honor of the Queen-----HH2
The Short Victorious War---HH3
Field of Dishonor--------------HH4
Flag in Exile--------------------HH5
Honor Among Enemies------HH6
More Than Honor________HA1 Anthologies
In Enemy Hands--------------HH7
Echoes of Honor--------------HH8
Ashes of Victory--------------HH9
Worlds of Honor_________HA2 Anthologies
Changer of Worlds________HA3 Anthologies
War of Honor------------------HH10
The Service of the Sword__HHA4 Anthologies
Crown of Slaves__________CS1 Slaves
At All Costs--------------------HH11
The Shadow of Saganami___SI1 Saganami
Shadow of Victory_______SI3 Saganami
Storm from the Shadows___SI2 Saganami
Torch of Freedom________CS2 Slaves
Mission of Honor-------------HH12
House of Steel
In Fire Forged___________HHA5 Anthologies
A Rising Thunder ------------HH13
Shadow of Freedom______SI4 Saganami
Cauldron of Ghosts_______CS3 Slaves
An Uncompromising Honor-HH14

This should work for my third re-read of the Honorverse!!
Which won't be until after HH14 comes out!
Currently on "Storm From the Shadows".
Going on to 82 Jan. 2019.
.
.


You forgot at least one anthology Beginnings HHA 6.


No he didn't - I almost posted the same thing, but he included it in the top "pre-honor" list.
******
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Top

Return to Honorverse