Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Mycall4me and 38 guests

Kindle version of UH?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Kindle version of UH?
Post by kimgh   » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:29 pm

kimgh
Midshipman

Is a Kindle version planned of Uncompromising Honor? Amazon is allowing preorder for the hardback version only, which is unusual.

Thanks!
Re: Kindle version of UH?
Post by Peregrinator   » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:38 pm

Peregrinator
Commander

kimgh wrote:Is a Kindle version planned of Uncompromising Honor? Amazon is allowing preorder for the hardback version only, which is unusual.

Given that the e-ARC was available in Kindle/Mobi format I assume the final version will be as well - even if it's not on Amazon it will be on Baen's site.
Post by ksandgren   » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:36 pm

ksandgren
Captain (Junior Grade)

A Baen version will certainly be available, but Amazon has started to allow Kindle version preorders on overseas sights, so it will be out, probably on the HB release date.
Post by saber964   » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:11 pm

saber964
Admiral

ksandgren wrote:A Baen version will certainly be available, but Amazon has started to allow Kindle version preorders on overseas sights, so it will be out, probably on the HB release date.

It usually is available on release day.
Post by George J. Smith   » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:38 am

George J. Smith
Commodore

Buy it directly from Baen and support the smaller business (viz-a-viz Amazon), and an added bonus is rfc gets a bit more.
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Post by Hornblower   » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:12 am

Hornblower
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

George J. Smith wrote:Buy it directly from Baen and support the smaller business (viz-a-viz Amazon), and an added bonus is rfc gets a bit more.

A further advantage is you can buy the epub version, which you then can convert to different formats (in case you want to change reader) and you are not dependant on the continous existence of Amazon. I sometimes wonder what will happen to you ebooks if they go out of business. :D
Post by Eagleeye   » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:31 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

Hornblower wrote:
George J. Smith wrote:Buy it directly from Baen and support the smaller business (viz-a-viz Amazon), and an added bonus is rfc gets a bit more.

A further advantage is you can buy the epub version, which you then can convert to different formats (in case you want to change reader) and you are not dependant on the continous existence of Amazon. I sometimes wonder what will happen to you ebooks if they go out of business. :D

If Amazon goes out of business, we've definitely bigger and far more serious problems to solve then how to read ebooks we bought there! But I don't see that happen - not in the foreseeable future, at least and barring something like an asteroid impact at Amazons HQ which kills Jeff Bezos alongside all of his top-managers or something similar improbable.
Post by Hornblower   » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:40 am

Hornblower
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

If Amazon goes out of business, we've definitely bigger and far more serious problems to solve then how to read ebooks we bought there! But I don't see that happen - not in the foreseeable future, at least and barring something like an asteroid impact at Amazons HQ which kills Jeff Bezos alongside all of his top-managers or something similar improbable.

I was thinking more long term: Perhaps my great...greatgrandchildren wants to read about Honor in year 3000 (PD 900) as well :D
Post by kzt   » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:25 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Eagleeye wrote:
Hornblower wrote:A further advantage is you can buy the epub version, which you then can convert to different formats (in case you want to change reader) and you are not dependant on the continous existence of Amazon. I sometimes wonder what will happen to you ebooks if they go out of business. :D

Use an old version of kindle on PC and you can decrypt them with caliber and store them unencrypted. It's possible a newer extension for Caliber will decrypt them using the newer version of kindle.
Post by drothgery   » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:39 pm

drothgery
Admiral

I'm pretty sure Baen books don't have any DRM even in the Kindle Store version, so they're just mobipocket files.

Return to Honorverse