Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Hiatus ranks to be spoilers

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Hiatus ranks to be spoilers
Post by TangoLima   » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:20 pm

TangoLima
Commander

Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:54 pm

We know there will be a 20 year, or so, hiatus before
the start of the next book, The GA will have a combined
fleet of at minimum, Haven, Grayson and Manticorean
ships and by the time the next book stars they are
likely to have mixed crews. Of the now below flag rank
characters, what rank will they hold.
Helen Ens to Lt Cmdr/Cmdr, Tactical officer
Abigal Lt Cmdr/Cmdr to Capt SG, Battlecrusier command
Scotty & Ginger to Flag rank.
There are many more.
Try your hand at it.
Top
Re: Hiatus ranks to be spoilers
Post by ywing14   » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:07 pm

ywing14
Captain (Junior Grade)

Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:40 pm

TangoLima wrote:We know there will be a 20 year, or so, hiatus before
the start of the next book, The GA will have a combined
fleet of at minimum, Haven, Grayson and Manticorean
ships and by the time the next book stars they are
likely to have mixed crews. Of the now below flag rank
characters, what rank will they hold.
Helen Ens to Lt Cmdr/Cmdr, Tactical officer
Abigal Lt Cmdr/Cmdr to Capt SG, Battlecrusier command
Scotty & Ginger to Flag rank.
There are many more.
Try your hand at it.


I'll be wondering if Abigail will have moved back to the GSN by then. Don't forget Cardones, he'll likely be a Vice Admiral by then.
Top
Re: Hiatus ranks to be spoilers
Post by drothgery   » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:21 pm

drothgery
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1949
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:07 pm
Location: San Diego, CA, USA

Though remember that even brilliant and likeable characters aren't going to climb the ranks as fast in peacetime in a no-longer expanding RMN and probably in a downsized GSN (there's likely going to be a kind of strange period in a generation or so in the GSN where a really large percentage of the most senior officers are foreign-born because no native-born Grayson who's over about 40 as of Uncompromising Honor has prolong, and virtually if not entirely all of the émigré officers do).
Top
Re: Hiatus ranks to be spoilers
Post by ldwechsler   » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:37 pm

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1155
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 11:15 am

drothgery wrote:Though remember that even brilliant and likeable characters aren't going to climb the ranks as fast in peacetime in a no-longer expanding RMN and probably in a downsized GSN (there's likely going to be a kind of strange period in a generation or so in the GSN where a really large percentage of the most senior officers are foreign-born because no native-born Grayson who's over about 40 as of Uncompromising Honor has prolong, and virtually if not entirely all of the émigré officers do).


I think the move will be a bit faster. I would guess Helen will be at least an XO by that time if not captain of a destroyer. She has the right connections by this point and you can bet she will be an early promotion to Lt (jg).

Paolo, in a more technical area might be a rank behind.

Abigail will be a captain. She's developing a top record as a tac officer. In a few years, she's likely to be an XO.

Unofficially, Terekhov is in star rank. Commodores often have been considered to be petty admirals. In the old British navy, they even flew their own flags. And he just won a really big battle (why he didn't get the promotion to Rear Admiral is beyond me).

Scotty will probably also move up. He was a key guy at Spindle.

Agreed that Cardones should have already become at least a rear admiral.

For Anton and Victor the question may be where they reside. Victor would want Torch but Anton is tied to his "Squeeze" and she is part of the government on Manticore.

We need a boyfriend for Ruth.
Top
Re: Hiatus ranks to be spoilers
Post by George J. Smith   » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:23 pm

George J. Smith
Commodore

Posts: 777
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:48 am
Location: Ross-on-Wye UK

ldwechsler wrote:We need a boyfriend for Ruth.



Damian Harahap anyone, or is he slated to link-up with Mackenzie?
.
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Top
Re: Hiatus ranks to be spoilers
Post by ldwechsler   » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:52 pm

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1155
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 11:15 am

George J. Smith wrote:
ldwechsler wrote:We need a boyfriend for Ruth.



Damian Harahap anyone, or is he slated to link-up with Mackenzie?



I think there will be a new guy for Ruth. Possibly a Torcher but also maybe a volunteer from somewhere else on that planet. Maybe a young Haven officer or even one from somewhere in the Solarian Republic.
Top
Re: Hiatus ranks to be spoilers
Post by saber964   » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:39 pm

saber964
Admiral

Posts: 2339
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:41 pm
Location: Spokane WA USA

Abigail Hearns is going to see steady promotion over the next few years. She currently has so many rabbis it not funny. Hear they are in order of rank. Dear old Dad Aaron Hearns Steadholder Owens, HADM Judah Yanakov, FADM Honor Alexander-Harrington, RADM Michael Oversteegen and CMDOR Avars Terikov.
Top
Re: Hiatus ranks to be spoilers
Post by TangoLima   » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:59 pm

TangoLima
Commander

Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:54 pm

Didn't Judah Yanakov die in/at Beowulf ?
Top
Re: Hiatus ranks to be spoilers
Post by Eagleeye   » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:08 am

Eagleeye
Captain of the List

Posts: 691
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:41 am
Location: Halle/Saale, Germany

TangoLima wrote:Didn't Judah Yanakov die in/at Beowulf ?


Yup. He did. And at the momemt I can't remember who was his 2nd in command - and if he/she survived. And how he/she sees Abigail.
Top
Re: Hiatus ranks to be spoilers
Post by pappilon   » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:16 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1074
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:29 pm

Eagleeye wrote:
TangoLima wrote:Didn't Judah Yanakov die in/at Beowulf ?


Yup. He did. And at the moment I can't remember who was his 2nd in command - and if he/she survived. And how he/she sees Abigail.



Let us not forget Protector Michael Mayhew.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Top

Return to Honorverse