Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests

MAlignment best course spoilers

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
MAlignment best course spoilers
Post by TangoLima   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:33 pm

TangoLima
Captain (Junior Grade)

I know it wouldn't be much of a storyline.
However would the MA's best course be to go back to
long term, low profile spying, R&D and manipulation from
behind the scenes say for a couple hundred years.
lulling the GA and neo-SL etc. into a false sense of
complacency. While they may believe they have their
enemies on the ropes, a long view may be the better
choice. That said, the GA will be hunting them down and
have their own R&D master class. I do not know if they
could even pull it off.
Re: MAlignment best course spoilers
Post by Theemile   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:16 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

TangoLima wrote:I know it wouldn't be much of a storyline.
However would the MA's best course be to go back to
long term, low profile spying, R&D and manipulation from
behind the scenes say for a couple hundred years.
lulling the GA and neo-SL etc. into a false sense of
complacency. While they may believe they have their
enemies on the ropes, a long view may be the better
choice. That said, the GA will be hunting them down and
have their own R&D master class. I do not know if they
could even pull it off.

I agree, from my POV, their original plan is pretty much blown. Time to take a step back and re-evaluate.

HOWEVER

Those boys were raised being told they were the leaders of the Detweiler endgame and they all have buck fever. Maybe they are still mostly on course, maybe not; but they are laser focused on their goal.

Sidebar

I found it "humorous" that the clones were upset over the loss of their parents. Their parents were living in a self- sustained compound, off the books, in the middle of a wildlife sanctuary, with valid identities which did not identify them as Detweilers in any way. Most of the inner onion couldn't even identify them, let alone know they existed or where they were. The decision to blow the nuke on the Island was completely Albrect's... and the boys know it.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by Weird Harold   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:22 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

However would the MA's best course be ...

All of the threads and comments on "the MAlign's best course" don't seem to understand the MAlign at all.

Rationally, almost any of the suggestions for the MAlign's future make sense. The problem is that the MAlign is NOT Rational. If a suggestion about the MAlign's future is rational, it is probably wrong.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by ywing14   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:33 pm

ywing14
Captain (Junior Grade)

Weird Harold wrote:

All of the threads and comments on "the MAlign's best course" don't seem to understand the MAlign at all.

Rationally, almost any of the suggestions for the MAlign's future make sense. The problem is that the MAlign is NOT Rational. If a suggestion about the MAlign's future is rational, it is probably wrong.

Haha this is a point well taken.
Post by Loren Pechtel   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:00 pm

Loren Pechtel
Rear Admiral

All it would take is one treecat. He had to die.

Theemile wrote:I found it "humorous" that the clones were upset over the loss of their parents. Their parents were living in a self- sustained compound, off the books, in the middle of a wildlife sanctuary, with valid identities which did not identify them as Detweilers in any way. Most of the inner onion couldn't even identify them, let alone know they existed or where they were. The decision to blow the nuke on the Island was completely Albrect's... and the boys know it.
Post by cthia   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:02 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Weird Harold wrote:

Irrationality? In a race of megalomaniacal psychopaths?

NOOOOO! :roll:

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Weird Harold   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:11 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:Irrationality? In a race of megalomaniacal psychopaths?

Roll-Eyes if you must, but people do persist in suggesting actions that are rational by the standards of most people. Actions that are inconsistent with the MAlign's historic actions and imperatives.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by cthia   » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:33 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Weird Harold wrote:
cthia wrote:Irrationality? In a race of megalomaniacal psychopaths?

Roll-Eyes if you must, but people do persist in suggesting actions that are rational by the standards of most people. Actions that are inconsistent with the MAlign's historic actions and imperatives.

I don't disagree and I wasn't taking a potshot at you. The potshot is at my own attempts at screaming "psychopaths psychopaths psychopaths" since the intro of the MA and seemingly stuck in the mud.

As readers, we can only suggest rational thought because it is what sane people do. And because rational thought is what will get them back on balance.

A thought comes to mind though. What is the make up of the RF and the LRPB?

This is the wiki data chip on the RF.

On the LRPB.

Detweiler Consortium.

A question occurred to me whether or not these people are genies themselves. Or is their genetic code untainted to allow them to blend in better amongst nongenies. If so, they may be able to actually see clearer than the toxic genetic soup coursing through the "veins" of a bunch of megalomaniacal psychopaths.

At any rate, the data chips don't make it clear, as far as I can ascertain. Anything I missed elsewhere on the subject? Also, was Leonard a genie himself, in the beginning?

Not sure why the Back on Balance thread was essentially duplicated. But I've never not participated in a thread. Unless it was Spoiler season and I'm "unauthorized." Since it is Spoiler season and this thread is marked, I'll have to keep a lookout for sharp objects.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:56 am

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

The reason back on balance was duplicated is to divert the uninformed of thier true intentions like:

Russia,Russia,Russia to those poor immagrant children thier crimanally abusive Mexican Parents drag thier illegal children thru The Texas & Arizona Desert

:?:
Nimitz
Post by Annachie   » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:26 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Because what their best course of action is, and what they will likely do, are two different things.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)

Return to Honorverse