Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests

A Call to Vengeance

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
A Call to Vengeance
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:00 am

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

I just finished re-reading "A Call to Arms" and then "A Call to Vengeance" I thought that this was to be a three book story line to fill in the back ground but, the Manticorian's still haven't found the worm hole junction so I am guessing that we will see book four 'just in time for holiday shopping?'

I don't recall that the discovery was covered anywhere else or did I miss something?
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Re: A Call to Vengeance
Post by Weird Harold   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:09 am

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

C. O. Thompson wrote:I thought that this was to be a three book story line ...

Haven't you figured out that in F&SF genre a "trilogy" is at least five books and might run to 20 volumes or more. :D
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by Randomiser   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:15 pm

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

C. O. Thompson wrote:I just finished re-reading "A Call to Arms" and then "A Call to Vengeance" I thought that this was to be a three book story line to fill in the back ground but, the Manticorian's still haven't found the worm hole junction so I am guessing that we will see book four 'just in time for holiday shopping?'

I don't recall that the discovery was covered anywhere else or did I miss something?

Ah you missed the fact that sometime very early on the description changed from the {something} trilogy to the 'Manticore Ascendant series'. It was so long ago I forget the original nomenclature.
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:31 am

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

Weird Harold wrote:
C. O. Thompson wrote:I thought that this was to be a three book story line ...

Haven't you figured out that in F&SF genre a "trilogy" is at least five books and might run to 20 volumes or more. :D

Obviously the publisher is proving that the hand is quicker than the eye...

So to the question of the Worm Hole discovery... Has it been addressed and I missed it or do I have to wait for book V
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by Dauntless   » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:47 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

planning on 5 is a good way not to be disappointed if there is no mention of it in 4
Post by n7axw   » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:16 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

I would enjoy more in this series. Too many plot issues left unresolved for there not be at least one more book to tie it up. More than one would be welcome. Do we have a timeline for when we might see another one?

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Eagleeye   » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:05 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

n7axw wrote:I would enjoy more in this series. Too many plot issues left unresolved for there not be at least one more book to tie it up. More than one would be welcome. Do we have a timeline for when we might see another one?

Don

-

Look at this posting by Lunan:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9567

Return to Honorverse