Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 53 guests

Military Nicknames

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Military Nicknames
Post by Weird Harold   » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:26 am

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

Ural_4320 wrote:one of the most work safe one was the quick renaming of the 29 Palms base to "Three Palms" after the last hurricane which didn't leave much standing...

:? :? :? :? :?

29 Palms is in Southern California and AFAIK hasn't seen any hurricanes in recent memory. A quick google news search doesn't even turn up any stories about high winds.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by Ural_4320   » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:22 am

Ural_4320
Midshipman

Oh, then you're right, I remember jokes about hurricanes hitting that one USMC camp (Lejeune?) on the East coast and about 29 Palms, and I must have mixed them up. Sorry!
Post by saber964   » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:44 pm

saber964
Admiral

Ural_4320 wrote:Oh, then you're right, I remember jokes about hurricanes hitting that one USMC camp (Lejeune?) on the East coast and about 29 Palms, and I must have mixed them up. Sorry!

The nickname of twenty nine palms is twenty nine stumps.

But another less complementary name of a USMC base is Parris Island South Carolina aka Pussy Island, is because all female marine recruits go to Parris Island for Basic Training while male recruits go to either San Diego or Parris Island depending on which coast they are from.

Return to Honorverse