Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Mesan Alignment - Back on Balance

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Mesan Alignment - Back on Balance
Post by cthia   » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:35 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 10470
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:10 pm

ywing14 wrote:I don't know enough about Edward Saganami, Ellen D'Orville, and Gustav Anderman to make the assertion she's the greatest Admiral ever. Plus you've got folks like Yi Sun Sin. I certainly agree she's the greatest of her time.


Whaaaaat? Even they had to make their mark in the Honor-verse.

But that's hitting below the belt. Consider this. Even in the Anderman Empire her greatness preceded her. Von Rabbenstrange was in awe of her, and probably wanted to invite her to dinner... to have some strange rabbit.

Ywing, I admit to having cheated and I peered into her personnel file. Michelle and I could never talk her into doing it....



H O N O R 'S R E S U M E

When she ended up in Hell, her reputation had preceded her there. She then proceeded to destroy an entire task group with old members of several retired navies who hadn't set foot in a warship since the hulls were no longer made of wood. And she did it on maneuvering thrusters only, while operating without a wedge and still managed up the kilt shots.

Even Saganmi and D'Orville would have said "Damn Girl!"

She brought down and humbled a magnate who had invested billions in the navy.

She challenged the Queen and won.

She held a Protector hostage and earned his respect.

She turned an entire crew who hated her into the tightest knit group who would have followed her to Hell. And they did.

She killed a hexapuma with a vibro blade when she was only a child. She didn't use her bare hands, no, but only because the blade was handy and she couldn't bring evidence of the kill home on her clothing to her parents.

She destroyed a Q-ship with a raped and aging light cruiser and all she was worried about was her stomach. "Will someone scare us up some sandwiches? The way this idiot is maneuvering!"

She disabled a freighter without firing a shot.

Defeated the greatest swordsman in the galaxy while dead on her feet and injured, after a grueling battle with everything but the kitchen sink, after surviving an attack on her pinnace that crashed and injured her.

She can eat enough chickens to fill a henhouse.

Heck, after what she accomplished at Cerberus, I began to think the RMN wasted ships on her. She could have defeated any Peep force with a first generation LAC, if someone would have simply kept the fucking Opposition and the Youngs off her back.

The Youngs couldn't kill her, Hauptman couldn't take her, a Q-ship couldn't take her, the wicked witch of the west couldn't hang her, microscopic hidden nanite assassins couldn't get her, the author couldn't kill her, and hexapumas are still lodging complaints with the forestry service. She even fought her way out of hell and its Demons with one arm tied behind her back. Well, with it blown off anyway. And with half her sight.


Did I miss something? I'm sure I did. Every time I manage to update her resume, in comes another data chip.

Just in...

SEE?! She singlehandedly engineered a plan that brought down the Mighty Solarian League while she walked on rice paper.


Yes, she's the greatest alright. If she isn't, then there's a really bad sombitch out there some where. Until he tangles with a certain baseborn bitch.

Some people only say they kick ass and take names. Honor really does. If you are a pirate and she comes across you, your name had better not be written down in her diary.


So yea, the Malign better send it!

And whoever they send better bring it!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top
Re: Mesan Alignment - Back on Balance
Post by George J. Smith   » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:56 am

George J. Smith
Commodore

Posts: 771
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:48 am
Location: Ross-on-Wye UK

cthia wrote: She killed a hexapuma with a vibro blade when she was only a child. She didn't use her bare hands, no, but only because the blade was handy and she couldn't bring evidence of the kill home on her clothing to her parents.


I think you'll find that was Stephanie, and she was covered in blood from the Hexapuma.


Although Honor did kill 2 Peak bears before she bonded with Nimtz
.
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Top
Re: Mesan Alignment - Back on Balance
Post by cthia   » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:11 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 10470
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:10 pm

George J. Smith wrote:
cthia wrote: She killed a hexapuma with a vibro blade when she was only a child. She didn't use her bare hands, no, but only because the blade was handy and she couldn't bring evidence of the kill home on her clothing to her parents.


I think you'll find that was Stephanie, and she was covered in blood from the Hexapuma.


Although Honor did kill 2 Peak bears before she bonded with Nimtz

What's with me? Did I think I had to pad her resume like she hasn't done enough?

Killed 2 peak bears? Damn girl! She's a menace to the galaxy!


BTW, thanks George.

.
Last edited by cthia on Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top
Re: Mesan Alignment - Back on Balance
Post by cthia   » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:15 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 10470
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:10 pm

Just in again...

Rose from Commoner to baseborn bitch to Supreme Allied Commander.

She's the cat's meow in two different governments and two different navies on two different planets.

She's the cat's meow amongst the 'Cats!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top
Re: Mesan Alignment - Back on Balance
Post by cthia   » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:12 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 10470
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:10 pm

cthia wrote:Just in again...

Rose from Commoner to baseborn bitch to Supreme Allied Commander.

She's the cat's meow in two different governments and two different navies on two different planets.

She's the cat's meow amongst the 'Cats!


Oops, make that three different navies if we count the Elysian Space Navy.

She also defeated a professional duelist on the Field Of Honor with a shot to the abdomen without even raising her gun. She put four rounds in his stomach. How's that for a gut check? Followed by the fifth round right between his eyes.

She went from a commoner who couldn't afford makeup (LOL) to one of the richest women in the galaxy, without even trying.

She thwarted an organized attempt by the secret Brotherhood of Maccabeus on the Protector's life with just her and her cat, shortly after arriving on planet. She did accomplish that feat, with her feet, and her bare hands, against disruptors!

Facing an organized assassination at a private dinner party, she simply let her feet, her hands and her cat out the bag.

"EEEEEEEEE, WHO LET THIS PHUCKING CAT OUT THE BAG!"

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top
Re: Mesan Alignment - Back on Balance
Post by ywing14   » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:05 pm

ywing14
Captain (Junior Grade)

Posts: 354
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:40 pm

He was one of the top 50 swordsmen. Also he'd never been in combat before.
Top
Re: Mesan Alignment - Back on Balance
Post by cthia   » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:30 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 10470
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:10 pm

I haven't read the book, any of the digital copies or RFC's sneak peek. I'm really trying to save myself and hold onto my hymen until my wedding date with UH. So I don't know what has already transpired. But the MA's plan calls for the separation of the RF sponsored star nations at this juncture. And they are supposed to naturally (allegedly) coalesce in mutual support for each other in sort of a "birds of a feather flocking together" kind of thing. Since the League has crumbled that should begin to happen.

The MA should commence pulling that string now. It is interesting to consider the particular government they will adopt to achieve their means. After all, they didn't like the League's government, or at least what it stood for. However, they will want to attract as many of the naive and fractured star nations as possible. Yet, what government would better facilitate those ends and also ensure inherent support for a radical way of thinking which supports the idea of a genetically uplifted society? It is hard to think that a "democratic" government would embrace the MAlign way of thinking, considering what lies at its core. Democracy is not conducive to Malign thinking.

Absorbing whatever fractured systems that voluntary wish to join and adopting a campaign of persuading as many as those that don't cotton to their notion should be part and parcel to their present thinking. Their nanite assassins would be perfect to cripple and soften local governments and help persuade them to come around, especially in this part of the galaxy where treecats hardly tread.

The nanite assassinations could be made to appear like the very local unrest and corruption and the backstabbing of local factions to achieve power that they envisioned. Game set and match.

At any rate, many posters are advocating that the MA pull in its horns, yet this is a juncture they waited for all of their lives, and the plan causes for them to switch gears in the fractured part of the galaxy. As Honor would say, in a sense it's time for them to "be about it."

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top
Re: Mesan Alignment - Back on Balance
Post by cthia   » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:45 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 10470
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:10 pm

Addendum:

I'm not sure what kind of government is currently emplaced on Darius but I'd assume it has a high likelihood to be too foreign for the general audience represented by the population of the common galaxy. It may shock star nations away from that which they do not understand. Yet I really don't see the Detweilers embracing 'cough' democracy. Yet they have to prepare the package as sweetly as possible to attract the flies.

The MA don't take Visa, they don't take American Express, they won't accept Democracy and I don't think they'll accept anything favoring Beowulf's form of government either.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top
Re: Mesan Alignment - Back on Balance
Post by n7axw   » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:32 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 5100
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:54 pm
Location: Viborg, SD

cthia wrote:Addendum:

I'm not sure what kind of government is currently emplaced on Darius but I'd assume it has a high likelihood to be too foreign for the general audience represented by the population of the common galaxy. It may shock star nations away from that which they do not understand. Yet I really don't see the Detweilers embracing 'cough' democracy. Yet they have to prepare the package as sweetly as possible to attract the flies.

The MA don't take Visa, they don't take American Express, they won't accept Democracy and I don't think they'll accept anything favoring Beowulf's form of government either.


The forms of government on Mesa seemed to favor Beowulf's more than anything else, although in reality the actual governing process was pretty tightly controlled and closed to the public.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Top
Re: Mesan Alignment - Back on Balance
Post by cthia   » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:08 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 10470
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:10 pm

n7axw wrote:
cthia wrote:Addendum:

I'm not sure what kind of government is currently emplaced on Darius but I'd assume it has a high likelihood to be too foreign for the general audience represented by the population of the common galaxy. It may shock star nations away from that which they do not understand. Yet I really don't see the Detweilers embracing 'cough' democracy. Yet they have to prepare the package as sweetly as possible to attract the flies.

The MA don't take Visa, they don't take American Express, they won't accept Democracy and I don't think they'll accept anything favoring Beowulf's form of government either.


The forms of government on Mesa seemed to favor Beowulf's more than anything else, although in reality the actual governing process was pretty tightly controlled and closed to the public.

Don

-


I'd think that whatever Mesa's government is, would be perfect for them. But I didn't think they'd want anything resembling Mesa's government, at all, or it might point the finger to where the remnants of Houdini fled. And rightly so. Of course, if Mesa's government is a run of the mill government of the galaxy, that might not raise any brows. What exactly is Mesa's government?

If you live in a city where all of the homes are painted bright orange and you executed a Houdini and disappeared, then another city, which also happens to like bright orange homes suddenly pops up, someone's going to be suspicious.

Would they dare establish the same government of their patsies? Scorned Mesans will recognize the similarity.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top

Return to Honorverse