Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests

Mesan Alignment - Back on Balance

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Mesan Alignment - Back on Balance
Post by cthia   » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:30 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Please properly mark spoilers with SPOILER WARNING and appropriate leading space.

When you are already sentenced to die for murder, you are not afraid of killing again and again. The Malign are not afraid.

As I stated before, If I were the Malign, I'd turn my amazing foresight on the playing field ahead, when I am to emerge to fight again, and eliminate some of the obvious upcoming players. Instead of committing the same crime as before—being caught off-guard as they did when they saw Haven as the biggest threat only to find out it was a mosquito sized foe that had the more dangerous sting—the MA should consider the entire playing field ahead as far as the key players to be groomed. What likely career choice is there for an offspring sprung from the loins of Honor&Hamish together. I maintain, in a century ahead, they should go back to the future, now, and kill off the obvious players. It is difficult to help protect yourself from assassination when you are young. Surely the MA can see, as we readers can see, who will be groomed to take the fight to them.

Other than the obvious resurgence of their mighty nanite assassins, what can the MA do to adequately prepare for the future stage?

What tech should they develop?

What strategy and tactics should they adopt?

How should the Lenny Dets and the Sharks be used?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Re: Mesan Alignment - Back on Balance
Post by Annachie   » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:07 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

The absolute first thing they should do, is study those treecats.

By now they must have reports of treecats acting as body guards, and that they can detect their nanoagents.

They must be curious as to the veracity, and concerned if they are true.

Anything else is secondary to that threat to their covert intelligence gathering operations.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by ywing14   » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:11 am

ywing14
Captain (Junior Grade)

Annachie wrote:The absolute first thing they should do, is study those treecats.

By now they must have reports of treecats acting as body guards, and that they can detect their nanoagents.

Anything else is secondary to that threat to their covert intelligence gathering operations.

They’ll definitely be following the research being published about them.
Post by cthia   » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:43 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Annachie wrote:The absolute first thing they should do, is study those treecats.

Well, they could possibly get their hands on Clean Killer, if they are aware of Harahap's old haunts and catch him while he's strolling back down memory lane. Should he ever stroll back down memory lane. And the human element inside of human nature says he may.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:45 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Are they aware of the GA's progress toward the detection of their stealthed ships?

Post by ldwechsler   » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:51 am

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:Are they aware of the GA's progress toward the detection of their stealthed ships?

Almost certainly. It was no secret that they were checking things out. Politically, there would have to be discussion about it.

I would also guess this would be an area they would be particularly interested in. Perhaps have someone working for the Fourth Lord.

They have to know how outclassed they would be if the GA knew how to track them.
Post by cthia   » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:32 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

ldwechsler wrote:
cthia wrote:Are they aware of the GA's progress toward the detection of their stealthed ships?

Almost certainly. It was no secret that they were checking things out. Politically, there would have to be discussion about it.

I would also guess this would be an area they would be particularly interested in. Perhaps have someone working for the Fourth Lord.

They have to know how outclassed they would be if the GA knew how to track them.

And of course, the MA's tech was/is still unfinished. So who's to say how stealthy the final versions will be. Even before decades of more work. Or even what accompanying tech there will be.

I'd like to know how powerful the RFN will be.

Post by runsforcelery   » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:21 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

cthia wrote:
And of course, the MA's tech was/is still unfinished. So who's to say how stealthy the final versions will be. Even before decades of more work. Or even what accompanying tech there will be.

Really?

I'll have to get back to you on that.

At some point. :twisted:

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by cthia   » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:18 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

runsforcelery wrote:
cthia wrote:

Really?

I'll have to get back to you on that.

At some point. :twisted:

Wait, what? You can't just, you can't...

So the tech is finished? Hot diggity damn! The Lenny Dees are ready to roll?!!!

Perhaps they're just working up! Perhaps they're already en route to the Haven sector! Perhaps they've already laid waste to some system! Perhaps they have a wormhole in mind! Perhaps.......... W E B E RRRRRRRRRRR!

Post by Sigs   » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:28 pm

Sigs
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:What strategy and tactics should they adopt?

How should the Lenny Dets and the Sharks be used?

The best strategy for them should be to hide from the rest of society, leave the rest of the Galaxy alone and expand on their own. If they start looking for systems farther away from the rest of Humanity and colonize and industrialize those systems they can become a major power over the next couple of centuries. Basically come out a couple of centuries down the road with dozens of heavily industrialized systems heavily protected and essentially model their way of life. If their society is so much better then the rest of humanity and their way of life is really so much better then the rest of humanity then that is going to convince the rest of humanity to join them rather then fight them.

The MA has the ability to grow their populations at a lot faster rate than pretty much anyone else, they may start with only a few billion people but a hundred years down the road they could be a nation of dozens of systems with hundreds of billions of people... or they can spend the next couple of hundred years confined to Darius and trying to manipulate the rest of the Galaxy to get what they want all the while being open to accidental discovery of Darius and the end of the MA.

Return to Honorverse