Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 41 guests

Mesan Alignment - Back on Balance

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Mesan Alignment - Back on Balance
Post by Sigs   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:54 pm

Sigs
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:

Sigs, but what is the KISS principle applied to the MA? I certainly understand the recommendation. But then, it questions why they pulled the trigger on any of their operations in the first place if they were not ready to proceed or switch gears.
What happened proved that their strategy didn't work and has a very large chance of failure if they try a repeat performance. They pulled the trigger because they though they had a good chance of success, but the problem is that they had too many pieces on the board that were intelligent enough to find out that something was not right.

And that thought takes us back to the fact that they were concerned about having to face a gargantuan League and its gargantuan negative influence on the galaxy at large regarding genetic slavery and all of the League's other anti-Malignant attitudes. They were also worried about allowing the League to continue as it was -- inexorably rolling towards mopping up the Haven sector. They had to react while they still had cannon fodder to "use" as their own pansies -- complete and utterly unaware -- against them. That requirement was important and instrumental to their plans. They didn't want a huge foe to have to deal with when they emerge.
But now they do have a foe, a foe that knows they exist and is actively searching for them. And thats before accounting for the League as well since we don't know what the new league government would do with the information their intelligence gives them about the other guys.

Can they afford to simply crawl back into their hidey-hole and allow the galaxy to proceed forward as it is? They accomplished ridding themselves of the League, yes. But in its place has risen a more competent, deadlier opponent. The GA.
They didn't manage to rid themselves of the League, they still may end up with sufficient core and shell worlds and a political climate that allows them to utilize those world's industry to catch up to the GA. It may take 10 years or it may take 30 but if the league manages to resurface as a power again, they may be more dangerous then before with competent leadership, drastically reduced corruption and better organized industry/economy and a proper navy.

In a nutshell, are they better off having to face the GA when they do ultimately emerge to do battle with mankind, or are they better off facing the GA than the League?
I think they are better off moving away from humanity, spending the next 3 to 4 centuries building up their society the way they want and then make contact with humanity. On the other hand I don't know why they would want to, the universe is a large place, they can invest a lot of money and resources to build themselves a large nation and leave in peace away from the rest of humanity but I guess their collective ego won't let them do so.
Post by Sigs   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:56 pm

Sigs
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:I'm having trouble recalling the instances the suicide nanites have been used by the MA. One on Manticore with Lt. Meares, one on Old Earth with Rajampet and one on Haven with Giancola? Were there others? The MA has been quite stingy with the little assassins haven't they? Only one application per system?

None on Grayson. Perhaps Christians are immune to any other outside influence. LOL

None released in the Anderman Empire.

I don't think they could have implanted everyone with suicide nanites.
Post by Weird Harold   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:07 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:I don't rightly recall the Anderman incident.

That's because it was not seen on-screen, just referenced as the "Hofschulte Incident" or "Hofschulte Affair" -- often as a restriction on arms in the presence of the Anderman Royal family.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by Annachie   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:08 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Sigs wrote:
Annachie wrote:I suspect their best plan is to covertly support thr RF, while setting up a false MAlign home/whatever to be conviently, and visibly, destroyed.

And then what? Wait another 600 years to try again? I think the MA needs to get back to the basics, and utilize the KISS principle to the extreme.
Yes. KISS.

A subtle RF led PR campaign.
Slowly shift the attitudes towards genetic uplift.
Combined with a gradual infiltration of the various empires leadership.

But first, work out how to deal with Treecats.

The problem is that the MAlign wanted to win, instead of just achieving their ends.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Weird Harold   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:14 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

Annachie wrote:The problem is that the MAlign wanted to win, instead of just achieving their ends.

Not to mention any course of action that doesn't rub Beowulf's nose in a MAlign victory doesn't count.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by Annachie   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:18 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

It's not enough to win, the other side must also know it lost.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:12 pm

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

Annachie wrote:It's not enough to win, the other side must also know it lost.

;) The MA ideology will never acknowledge defeat.( It will morph into a less Extremist ideology - i.e. Margret Sangers "Negro Project Eugenics" To 2018 Planned Parenthood Eugenics) :!:

Nimitz
Post by Sigs   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:31 pm

Sigs
Rear Admiral

Annachie wrote:Yes. KISS.

A subtle RF led PR campaign.
Slowly shift the attitudes towards genetic uplift.
Combined with a gradual infiltration of the various empires leadership.

But first, work out how to deal with Treecats.

The problem is that the MAlign wanted to win, instead of just achieving their ends.

I think it's too late for that. The League will soon know that there is another entity operating behind the curtain and the GA will likely not forget especially knowing full well what happened in OB and Beowulf and who was behind it and why.
Post by Sigs   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:33 pm

Sigs
Rear Admiral

Weird Harold wrote:
Annachie wrote:The problem is that the MAlign wanted to win, instead of just achieving their ends.

Not to mention any course of action that doesn't rub Beowulf's nose in a MAlign victory doesn't count.

That is why they will never win. They can't fight a war now and they won't be able to fight a war 300 years from now especially if the GA gets lucky and finds Darius and then learns about the RF... after all the only people that know the true purpose and mission of the RF are their top leaders so you don't even need to kill all that many people to solve the problem.
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:46 pm

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

Weird Harold wrote:

Not to mention any course of action that doesn't rub Beowulf's nose in a MAlign victory doesn't

-----------------------------------
:?:
Mohamed was born about 600 A.D. his ideology is still killing Jews/Christians/Non-Muslems by any means available in 2018 - You are delusional if You think The MA Ideology is any different
:!:
Nimitz

Return to Honorverse