Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 17 guests

Just For Fun: Rose Gets Funny

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Just For Fun: Rose Gets Funny
Post by cthia   » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:20 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 9659
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:10 pm

ywing14 wrote:I'm always a little bit jealous of people who started with OBS.

I was flying to Hungary to visit family and my mom purchased me A Short Victorious War (great call on her part since like since like 20 years later I am posting on the author's website forum). But I sorta had to work my way back and read the other books after that.


You should be. You should be green with envy!

Gangrenous grene.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top
Re: Just For Fun: Rose Gets Funny
Post by George J. Smith   » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:41 am

George J. Smith
Captain of the List

Posts: 720
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:48 am
Location: Ross-on-Wye UK

roseandheather wrote:
CmdrAthenaAprilist wrote:
OK, so what about the Torch series? (among my favorites in the Honorverse)


CoS: ::joins the 'oh look Victor's improvising again' club::

ToF: ::learns that this is not a fan club::

CoG: ::joins the 'Victor you're fucking insane' club::

:mrgreen:

To be honest, that entire trilogy is, for me, just a blur of Victor Cachat being fucking awesome, Michael Oversteegen being utterly hilarious, and a lot of crying. Oh, and Victor and Thandi in bed together. 8-)



Don't forget Berry and Hugh Arai
.
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Top
Re: Just For Fun: Rose Gets Funny
Post by cthia   » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:36 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 9659
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:10 pm

roseandheather wrote:FiE: boy, Honor has awesome friends. also i love sonja now.


And thank God for her friends. She'll need them for all of the enemies she seems to effortlessly make, behind the scenes, by simply doing her job well.

I never could get over how vehemently someone like Honor, who is everything you'd want a naval officer and a citizen of the Star Kingdom to be, could be so hated.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top
Re: Just For Fun: Rose Gets Funny
Post by CmdrAthenaAprilist   » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:54 pm

CmdrAthenaAprilist
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:53 am
Location: Lacey, WA

cthia wrote:
roseandheather wrote:FiE: boy, Honor has awesome friends. also i love sonja now.


And thank God for her friends. She'll need them for all of the enemies she seems to effortlessly make, behind the scenes, by simply doing her job well.

I never could get over how vehemently someone like Honor, who is everything you'd want a naval officer and a citizen of the Star Kingdom to be, could be so hated.


It's exactly because she's everything a naval officer should be that the mediocrities hate her; she shows them up for the narrow-minded, full of themselves, privileged, time servers that they are!
Top
Re: Just For Fun: Rose Gets Funny
Post by cthia   » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:32 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 9659
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:10 pm

ywing14 wrote:I'm always a little bit jealous of people who started with OBS.

I was flying to Hungary to visit family and my mom purchased me A Short Victorious War (great call on her part since like since like 20 years later I am posting on the author's website forum). But I sorta had to work my way back and read the other books after that.

Did you ever get a chance to tell mom it wasn't... such a short or victorious war?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top
Re: Just For Fun: Rose Gets Funny
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:04 pm

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

Posts: 172
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 7:45 pm

cthia wrote:
roseandheather wrote:FiE: boy, Honor has awesome friends. also i love sonja now.


And thank God for her friends. She'll need them for all of the enemies she seems to effortlessly make, behind the scenes, by simply doing her job well.

I never could get over how vehemently someone like Honor, who is everything you'd want a naval officer and a citizen of the Star Kingdom to be, could be so hated.


Because Honor is a Republican Party Hero in a Liberal Democrat Party Universe

Nimitz
Top
Re: Just For Fun: Rose Gets Funny
Post by Daryl   » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:39 am

Daryl
Admiral

Posts: 2397
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:57 am
Location: Queensland Australia

There is a politics section for comments like that.

Nimitz1923PD wrote:
cthia wrote:
And thank God for her friends. She'll need them for all of the enemies she seems to effortlessly make, behind the scenes, by simply doing her job well.

I never could get over how vehemently someone like Honor, who is everything you'd want a naval officer and a citizen of the Star Kingdom to be, could be so hated.


Because Honor is a Republican Party Hero in a Liberal Democrat Party Universe

Nimitz
Top
Re: Just For Fun: Rose Gets Funny
Post by cthia   » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:38 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 9659
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:10 pm

Only a genie could have stood up to the barrage of excrement thrown at Honor in FiE. It was as if Weber was seriously pissed that he couldn't kill her off. So he decided to make that baseborn bitch wish she were dead! LOL

He used everything but the kitchen sink on her.

I love the density of action in that book. And the internal strife of Harrington. No military could break or beat her. But the civilian contingent of her own planet was driving her mad. She was broken when she left for Grayson. And the Graysons didn't like it one bit.

It was only because of the Graysons that that alliance didn't dissolve.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top
Re: Just For Fun: Rose Gets Funny
Post by cthia   » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:47 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 9659
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:10 pm

cthia wrote:Only a genie could have stood up to the barrage of excrement thrown at Honor in FiE. It was as if Weber was seriously pissed that he couldn't kill her off. So he decided to make that baseborn bitch wish she were dead! LOL

He used everything but the kitchen sink on her.

I love the density of action in that book. And the internal strife of Harrington. No military could break or beat her. But the civilian contingent of her own planet was driving her mad. She was broken when she left for Grayson. And the Graysons didn't like it one bit.

It was only because of the Graysons that that alliance didn't dissolve.


Heck, the High Ridge government did all they could to give Grayson the finger and send them the route of Erewhon.

Arrogance was not a monopoly the Mandarins enjoyed. Perhaps then, we shouldn't hold anything against the Solarian people.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top

Return to Honorverse