Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests

Why no Detweiler regular kids?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Why no Detweiler regular kids?
Post by ldwechsler   » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:18 pm

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

Reading Uncompromising Honor it is clear that the seven Det kids were clones of their dad.(Interestingly, right now clones are just about all female).

But it also says that Albrecht and Evalina were carefully genetically matched. What would the purpose be for that if the kids were all clones?

I wonder if there are not other kids, ones with genes from mama out there.

They would be an interesting counterpoint to the clones.

Any ideas?
Re: Why no Detweiler regular kids?
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:33 pm

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

ldwechsler wrote:Reading Uncompromising Honor it is clear that the seven Det kids were clones of their dad.(Interestingly, right now clones are just about all female).

But it also says that Albrecht and Evalina were carefully genetically matched. What would the purpose be for that if the kids were all clones?

Any ideas?

I would think to a Detweiler having sex with a non MA would be like mating with a Sub-Human - Germany 1931-1946 Non-Arians were considered little more than monkeys

Nimitz
Post by JohnRoth   » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:14 pm

JohnRoth
Admiral

ldwechsler wrote:Reading Uncompromising Honor it is clear that the seven Det kids were clones of their dad.(Interestingly, right now clones are just about all female).

Any ideas?

Minor nit: there are only six of them: Benjamin, Colin, Daniel, Everett, Franklin and Gerevais.

I suspect that the basic reason is that, having decided to clone Albrecht, they decided that having another set of designer babies wasn't a Real Good Idea for family stability or whatever.
Post by Peregrinator   » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:16 pm

Peregrinator
Commander

Any ideas?

Himself described this (in a post in this forum, IIRC) as a decision of the Long-Range Planning Board of the Mesan Alignment.

I gather that all MA married couples are carefully genetically matched, but the LRPB might still decide that cloning is better than procreation in certain cases.
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:19 pm

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

:ugeek: Just 4 background -Eugenics
1.Sir Fancis Galton(england)wrote a book proving black irish were decended from monkeys Hitler read the book in prison

When he gained power he applied it to jews & slavs in russia-

It spread -The most famous case in
America is - Carrie Black Virginia

Check out Eugenics Archives of America dot org - UVA

Nimitz
Post by saber964   » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:35 pm

saber964
Admiral

Nimitz1923PD wrote::ugeek: Just 4 background -Eugenics
1.Sir Fancis Galton(england)wrote a book proving black irish were decended from monkeys Hitler read the book in prison

Nimitz

Eugenics was a popular common belief in the twenties and thirties and lasted in some countries into the seventies. In the U.S. it was very popular in about 20 to 25 states and was not outlawed in some states until the eighties. FYI Margaret Sanger the founder of Planned Parenthood was a very firm believer in eugenics.
Post by kzt   » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:35 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Nimitz

The western intelligentsia pretty much all supported Eugenics prior to WW2. Somehow it lost popularity afterward. Though the Europeans seem to want to revive Aktion T4.
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:45 pm

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

kzt wrote:

Nimitz

The western intelligentsia pretty much all supported Eugenics prior to WW2. Somehow it lost popularity afterward. Though the Europeans seem to want to revive Aktion T4.

Maggeret Sanger founder of Planned Parenthood used it as a vehicle to exterminate Africans

After the Civil War they created Liberia in Africa to ship them to

You might say PP was Sangers "Final Solution"

Nimitz
Post by cthia   » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:48 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Any ideas?

In case the condom broke? Honor proved that contraceptive shit happens in the Honorverse too. It is still the biggest OOPS around. :D

I broached this subject several times and could never seem to steer the boat. At times I thought the "compatibility" extended into the emotional and intellectual arena. Thus the fact they were genetically compatible meant that they thought alike.

Then I wondered if the best qualities of hers were matched and combined with his and voila. But no.

At any rate, I don't think she ultimately had anything to do with the conception. She just went along with the program. These are truly chips off of the old block, only. No pulp from mother.

Moreover.

In a nutshell, only the strong survive. Having the benefit and advantages offered by being Alphas (pure Alphas) will make it a lot easier and likely the Malign can attain a centuries long plan to rewrite history. And, what bigger advertisement for your vision if you were to demonstrate your success by turning the hypodermic needle upon yourself. "See, it works!"

Besides, any DNA from her and it wouldn't actually be cloning Albrecht, but an Albrecht/Evelina concoction.

In a nutshell. There's a thread floating about somewhere explaining it well.

God forbid the kids develop an imperfection from the mother's side of the family. LOL

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by pappilon   » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:52 pm

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Nimitz1923PD wrote:Nimitz

The western intelligentsia pretty much all supported Eugenics prior to WW2. Somehow it lost popularity afterward. Though the Europeans seem to want to revive Aktion T4.[/quote]

Maggeret Sanger founder of Planned Parenthood used it as a vehicle to exterminate Africans

After the Civil War they created Liberia in Africa to ship them to

You might say PP was Sangers "Final Solution"

Nimitz[/quote]

Biggest supporter of eugenics I've found is MENSA. Of course, the white supremacists are also huge fans, too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Return to Honorverse