Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 46 guests

What’s up with the fan club?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
What’s up with the fan club?
Post by ywing14   » Thu May 31, 2018 10:12 am

ywing14
Captain (Junior Grade)

Mostly scope out the Facebook group to get information on new material coming out any any tidbits he gives out. Seems like there’s a lot of drama in that group though.
Re: What’s up with the fan club?
Post by Fireflair   » Thu May 31, 2018 11:31 pm

Fireflair
Captain of the List

I've kept an eye on the group as well, but mostly it seems to consist of too much drama, a lot of officialese, and isn't really my cup of tea. They do have some nice looking cosplays, model designs and there are plenty of active people who also hold an interesting convention. Not to mention supporting the MWW's work, which is always something to do!

Their old SMCPON stepped down due to reasons and there was a whole lot of drama about it. They've got internal investigations and all sorts of stuff going on. On the message boards and FB it turned into rolling arguments.
Post by kzt   » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:28 am

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Too much cosplay, too little actual interesting stuff. The cons they run are so far into the whole "safe places" drama/BS that it's only a matter of time before they ban the notorious gun nut and militarist MWW because he makes someone who won't actually ever attend feel unsafe.
Post by runsforcelery   » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:33 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

kzt wrote:Too much cosplay, too little actual interesting stuff. The cons they run are so far into the whole "safe places" drama/BS that it's only a matter of time before they ban the notorious gun nut and militarist MWW because he makes someone who won't actually ever attend feel unsafe.

Hm?

Not aware of any safe places at all at any of the cons the TRMN runs. Now, at cons where TRMN members work as volunteers, yeah, but not at Manticon or Honorcon. Trust me, I sorta think I'd've noticed. :)

Politically speaking, the TRMN is about as diverse as any group out there, and there are times when that causes some strain between individual members. Given the propensity for current American society to fragment in response to political fervor which all too often crosses the line between disagreement and denunciation, I'd be astonished if it didn't.

As far as drama is concerned, they've topped 5,000 members right now, so some drama is gonna happen. You can't get that big without at least some of that happening. The resignation incident you're talking about is probably the most significant one the club's had, and since it isn't my organization, I am staying out of it. I know at least some of the people working to fix what's wrong, though, and I have confidence they'll get there.

In the meantime, you might want to drop by their FB page and take at look at the "Why I joined the TRMN" thread. Trust me, for all the angst --- and what family doesn't have angst? --- there's a lot of love, friendship, and enjoyment amongst those folks.

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.

Return to Honorverse