Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], ThinksMarkedly and 42 guests

Solarian Cruisers (SPOILER)

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Solarian Cruisers (SPOILER)
Post by Brigade XO   » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:34 pm

Brigade XO
Fleet Admiral

The previous mercantile shipping system before Lacoon I and II has been crippled through lack of available transport. The Manticore Merchante Marine was withdrawn from the League.

Now it is going to be come available again. Establishing new routes or reestablishing old routes is going to take a while even if 1) the SL (revised) agrees not to extract retribution and fines from the MMM for the effects of the Lagoons and 2) the GA provides an armed incentive for League and other Systems from messing with the MMM.

The question about defalt on contracts and penalties wasn't mentioned in what we know of the terms of surrender. Major pain in the rear and pocket books. Along with the companies (all sorts of companies) that have failed because they couldn't get materials/couldn't deliver goods/couldn't even get orders/ couldn't get products ordered, you have to rebuild the logistics chains of commerce.
That will happen but it won't be an exact match for what was there. At the very least, the renegotiation of "terms" by now independnt systems (and all those businesses and manufactures etc who are no longer being crushed and explointed by the Protectorate System and the preditory opearations of so many Transtellars, will also shift things. Markets will shift because the pricing structures will. It may be that the buyers of thing from the Verge will ultimatly pay the same prices but who gets both the shipping fees and the profits will change.

The MMM is in the best position- probably- to take advantage of all this depending on how badly they have been hurn and are able to get relief and forbeareance for the time when they were forced to sit idle plus have all those failiure to deliver penalties inflicted in them. So we wait for RFC to let us know how this is shaking out. :)
Post by Maldorian   » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:05 am

Maldorian
Captain (Junior Grade)

What could we expect next from the Sollies? I am talking about new ships! I am one and a hald book behind, so I haven´t all information, so, has any solly saw the real range of manticorian missles?

And we shouldn´t forget, that you need a competent military leadership and the support (money) to create an ability calalog for new ships/equipment.
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:33 am

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

Maldorian wrote:What could we expect next from the Sollies? I am talking about new ships! I am one and a hald book behind, so I haven´t all information, so, has any solly saw the real range of manticorian missles?

And we shouldn´t forget, that you need a competent military leadership and the support (money) to create an ability calalog for new ships/equipment.

What You can expect next is CYA -

If I were the GA I would blow every Technodyne shipyard & reasearch habiitat to dust bunnies & drop a KEW on thier HQ for General Principles

Nimitz
Post by pappilon   » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:19 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Nimitz1923PD wrote:

If I were the GA I would blow every Technodyne shipyard & reasearch habiitat to dust bunnies & drop a KEW on thier HQ for General Principles

Nimitz

So glad you're not in the Admiralty. At this point any of those actions would be war crimes or EEE violations. No purpose to be served by destroying infrastructure, and absolute moral perversion to KEW a corporate HQ, No Manty Board of Inquiry would endorse that action.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by pappilon   » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:27 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Maldorian wrote:What could we expect next from the Sollies? I am talking about new ships! I am one and a hald book behind, so I haven´t all information, so, has any solly saw the real range of manticorian missles?

And we shouldn´t forget, that you need a competent military leadership and the support (money) to create an ability catalog for new ships/equipment.

Nothing for 5-10 years until the political situation gets more resolved. The military has to clean house and restructure their R&D and ONI departments.
The ship deigns would be driven by missile development. SDs &BCs would probably be forced to go to pod designs, and the smaller ones would be designed around at least DD sized missile magazines. Probably be as personnel intensive as the old designs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:29 am

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

pappilon wrote:

Nimitz

So glad you're not in the Admiralty. At this point any of those actions would be war crimes or EEE violations. No purpose to be served by destroying infrastructure, and absolute moral perversion to KEW a corporate HQ, No Manty Board of Inquiry would endorse that action.[/quote]
--------------------'' :mrgreen:

It would only be a War Crime if I rounded up Technodyne Employees and shoved them into ovens or convinced my technodyne troops to become suicide bombers

Nimitz
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:40 am

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

Nimitz1923PD wrote:
pappilon wrote:

Nimitz

So glad you're not in the Admiralty. At this point any of those actions would be war crimes or EEE violations. No purpose to be served by destroying infrastructure, and absolute moral perversion to KEW a corporate HQ, No Manty Board of Inquiry would endorse that action.

--------------------'' :mrgreen:

It would only be a War Crime if I rounded up Technodyne Employees and shoved them into ovens or convinced my technodyne troops to become suicide bombers

Nimitz[/quote]
So when are they going to convict Terekhov of His War Crime?

Nimitz
Post by munroburton   » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:38 am

munroburton
Admiral

Nimitz1923PD wrote:What You can expect next is CYA -

Nimitz

Bear in mind that the Yildun system(where Technodyne is HQ'd) has no habitable planets. And a population in the low billions.

To destroy those habitats and shipyards without evacuation would be a crime against humanity and against the EE, especially as the SL has since surrendered.
Post by Daryl   » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:32 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Those who play in the politics forum have been blessed by this Nimitz's contributions in the past couple of weeks. Don't expect logic, facts or an ability to handle the embedded quotes system.
munroburton wrote:
Nimitz1923PD wrote:What You can expect next is CYA -

Nimitz

Bear in mind that the Yildun system(where Technodyne is HQ'd) has no habitable planets. And a population in the low billions.

To destroy those habitats and shipyards without evacuation would be a crime against humanity and against the EE, especially as the SL has since surrendered.
Post by munroburton   » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:00 am

munroburton
Admiral

Daryl wrote:Those who play in the politics forum have been blessed by this Nimitz's contributions in the past couple of weeks. Don't expect logic, facts or an ability to handle the embedded quotes system.

Whoa, I hadn't noticed those posts.

Oh dear. :roll:

Return to Honorverse