Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 40 guests

Honorverse MAP Update (Wormhole Junctions)

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Honorverse MAP Update (Wormhole Junctions)
Post by Technobuilder   » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:38 am

Technobuilder
Ensign

Since we're nearing the "End" of this particular chapter of the storyline, would it be possible for the Honorverse MAP
to be updated to include the information we currently possess regarding the SGC-902-36-G Wormhole Anomaly, that is to say, the Felix Junction and the Torch Bridge? Maybe include Bolthole as well?

Honestly not sure when the last Map update occurred, but it's been several years at least, and I'll be bummed if the next release won't include something in this regard?

Hopefully, this isn't a crazy ask.
Re: Honorverse MAP Update (Wormhole Junctions)
Post by Technobuilder   » Thu May 10, 2018 6:59 am

Technobuilder
Ensign

Maybe it was a Crazy Ask?

Who has been responsible for the creation and layout of Honorverse Star Maps up to this point?

Is this something that BuNine would handle? Is there already a plan in place for future map updates?

Probably not a literary priority, but definitely a fan one!
Post by munroburton   » Thu May 10, 2018 9:09 am

munroburton
Admiral

Bolthole and its connection might be revealed, as well as the 'public' bridges mentioned in SoV/UH. But I wouldn't hold my breath on the Felix chain.

That stuff's clearly tucked away for the next chapter of the story.
Post by Robert_A_Woodward   » Fri May 11, 2018 1:46 am

Robert_A_Woodward
Captain of the List

munroburton wrote:Bolthole and its connection might be revealed, as well as the 'public' bridges mentioned in SoV/UH. But I wouldn't hold my breath on the Felix chain.

That stuff's clearly tucked away for the next chapter of the story.

I suspect that Darius isn't very close to any other inhabited planet (at least a publicly known one). Back when people were wondering about the location of Bolthole, I speculated that it might be at the other end of a wormhole that went outside the human explored sphere. This is not correct for Bolthole, but perhaps it is true for Darius.
----------------------------
Beowulf was bad.
(first sentence of Chapter VI of _Space Viking_ by H. Beam Piper)

Return to Honorverse