Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests

Princess Cruises

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Princess Cruises
Post by CmdrAthenaAprilist   » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:38 pm

CmdrAthenaAprilist
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

OK, this is for all of us that haven't gotten the EARC & don't want to read a bunch of spoilers until we can get our hands on an actual copy of UH!

Back in November or December, there was some speculation in one of the threads about Rachel Mayhew's attendance at Saganami Island, and particularly about her Snotty Cruise & just how typical (or not) it would be. This was then compared to Abigail Hearns' and Helen Zilwicki's experiences, and someone (can't remember who) dubbed them "The Princess Cruises". Naturally, my mind (twisty as it is) went to the iconic 70's sitcom The Love Boat and its ever-so-cheesy theme song. Said twisty mind then started coming up with, shall we say, more appropriate lyrics, which I had not got a chance to finish until now. So with no further ado, I give you-

The Snotty Cruise
sung to the lyrics of The Love Boat

Sooooo, you’ve done the “Last View”.
Get onboard- we won’t wait for you!
And now, you’ve got your reward.
All your sins, they’ll come back to you!

Your Snotty Cruise- will be keeping you on the run.
Your Snotty Cruise- promises a workout for everyone.
So you wanted adventure,
Well you’re gonna piss your pants!

And you can't take anymore
When the missiles fly and explosions roar!
Yes HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLL! It's HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLL! (Hey-ah!)

Your Snotty Cruise- will be keeping you on the run.
Your Snotty Cruise- promises a workout for everyone
Like mind-numbing duties
and an OCTO who raves and rants!

When it can't hurt anymore.
It's an evil smile and another chore!
It's HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLL! It's HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLL! It's
HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLL!
Your Snotty Cruise -ah! Your Snotty Cruise -ah!

Commander Athena, Aprilist
Re: Princess Cruises
Post by Weird Harold   » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:06 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

CmdrAthenaAprilist wrote:...someone (can't remember who) dubbed them "The Princess Cruises". ...

I got chastised thoroughly for that. :p

You should get chastised even more for this silliness.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by saber964   » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:10 pm

saber964
Admiral

How about this for a "Princess Cruise"

Miss Midshipwoman Rachel Mayhew and Hipper
Miss Midshipwoman Joanna Winton and Jaeger
Post by Fox2!   » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:59 pm

Fox2!
Commodore

saber964 wrote:How about this for a "Princess Cruise"

Miss Midshipwoman Rachel Mayhew and Hipper
Miss Midshipwoman Joanna Winton and Jaeger

Two literal princesses, one a neo-barb, both with treecats. And at least one armsman! Enough to drive a proper OCTO (in the tradition of Elvis Santino) to drink.
Post by Weird Harold   » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:21 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

Fox2! wrote:Two literal princesses, one a neo-barb, both with treecats. And at least one armsman! Enough to drive a proper OCTO (in the tradition of Elvis Santino) to drink.

Which is why a proper "Princess Cruise" would be under the command of Capt Abigail Hearns with Lt Helen Zilwiki as ATO/OCTO.

Post by PeterZ   » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:03 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Weird Harold wrote:
Fox2! wrote:Two literal princesses, one a neo-barb, both with treecats. And at least one armsman! Enough to drive a proper OCTO (in the tradition of Elvis Santino) to drink.

Which is why a proper "Princess Cruise" would be under the command of Capt Abigail Hearns with Lt Helen Zilwiki as ATO/OCTO.

Abby still has a stint at XO before she makes captain. Although, she could be serving her last stint as TACO with Helen as ATO by the time Miss Mayhew goes on her Middy Cruise.
Post by Weird Harold   » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:26 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

PeterZ wrote:
Weird Harold wrote:Which is why a proper "Princess Cruise" would be under the command of Capt Abigail Hearns with Lt Helen Zilwiki as ATO/OCTO.

Abby still has a stint at XO before she makes captain. Although, she could be serving her last stint as TACO with Helen as ATO by the time Miss Mayhew goes on her Middy Cruise.

Abby could wind up in command of a destroyer without filling the XO square or crusher. Her rank would be commander, her title/position would be "Captain."

Of course, by the time the next story arc begins, 20 t-years from now, Abby will be an Admiral, Helen her flag captain, Rachel TO, and Joanna as ATO, with Raoul as Abby's flag Lt all for a completely new batch of royal midshipmen that haven't even been born as of UH.

Post by CmdrAthenaAprilist   » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:41 pm

CmdrAthenaAprilist
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Weird Harold wrote:
CmdrAthenaAprilist wrote:...someone (can't remember who) dubbed them "The Princess Cruises". ...

I got chastised thoroughly for that. :p

You should get chastised even more for this silliness.

To quote Allison Chou Harrington-
"Ooooooo- promise?"
Post by saber964   » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:28 pm

saber964
Admiral

PeterZ wrote:
Weird Harold wrote:quote="Fox2!"]Two literal princesses, one a neo-barb, both with treecats. And at least one armsman! Enough to drive a proper OCTO (in the tradition of Elvis Santino) to drink.

Abby still has a stint at XO before she makes captain. Although, she could be serving her last stint as TACO with Helen as ATO by the time Miss Mayhew goes on her Middy Cruise.[/quote]
Abby needs some more seasoning before her XO tour. Hear is what I think her career will look like.

ATO on a Heavy Cruiser as mid range LT then
TO on a Heavy Cruiser as a senior LT then promotion to LCDR
TO on a Battle Cruiser
XO on a Light Cruiser and later a older Heavy Cruiser
ATC
CO on a Destroyer
Post by ldwechsler   » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:51 pm

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

Weird Harold wrote:
PeterZ wrote:which is why a proper "Princess Cruise" would be under the command of Capt Abigail Hearns with Lt Helen Zilwiki as ATO/OCTO.

Abby could wind up in command of a destroyer without filling the XO square or crusher. Her rank would be commander, her title/position would be "Captain."

Of course, by the time the next story arc begins, 20 t-years from now, Abby will be an Admiral, Helen her flag captain, Rachel TO, and Joanna as ATO, with Raoul as Abby's flag Lt all for a completely new batch of royal midshipmen that haven't even been born as of UH.[/quote]

Abby is very young to be a full lieutenant and tac officer. That has been noted. She is not likely to be promoted all that quickly. Most navies frown on captains who are younger than 30.

Also, I doubt two princesses would be on the same ship. Talk about making it a target. Not to mention driving the OCTO insane.

Add to that the security required for "real" princesses: Abby is not really a princess and neither is Helen. But Abigail has one minder. Got to figure that Rachel will have at least three and that would mean Joanna would have to have the same.

Return to Honorverse