Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 31 guests

Princess Cruises

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Princess Cruises
Post by pappilon   » Fri May 04, 2018 3:53 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

PeterZ wrote:Now we enter thegray area of Grayson legal interpretation. Was this interpretation codified in written law or codified in "iron clad" tradition? Sort of like the Mayhew Restoration relied on a legal interpretation of traditional precident to return power to the Protector.

My point is that should the interpretation be sufficiently traditional, this may well be the backdoor I suggestsed it was.

IIRC It was a law passed by the keys in session to amend the inheritance of the keys after the announcement of Steader Harrington's death at the hands of StateSec. I am assuming an act passed is more than tradition. And said act specifically excluded The Sword. So only a male Mayhew can inherit th Sword.

munroburton wrote:
The Mayhew Steading isn't separate from the Sword. IIRC, 'Steadholder Mayhew' is a courtesy role carried by the Protector's heir. Kind of like the UK's 'Prince of Wales'.

When Bernard Raoul was born, he displaced Michael.

saber964 wrote:IIRC the Protector has a total of four Steadings as his personal demise Mayhew, Simonds, Oswald and Bancroft. Mayhew is the heir apparents title. SOB are organized a one steading as the Protectors Steading. The SOB was taken over by the Protectorship in the aftermath of the Grayson Civil War.

Doesn't sound gray area to me. but what do I know. reasonable people may still reasonably disagree.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Return to Honorverse