Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 30 guests

Hamish possible spoiler

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Hamish possible spoiler
Post by TangoLima   » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:18 am

TangoLima
Captain (Junior Grade)

I Hamish genetically related to the Wintons?
Emily was and considering people like G.W.E.N are
it seems likely. Is there any textev?
Re: Hamish possible spoiler
Post by n7axw   » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:56 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

TangoLima wrote:I Hamish genetically related to the Wintons?

Not that I am aware of. But after so many hundreds of years, the Winton fanily tree has been pretty broadly spread with lots of branches... So who knows :o

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by runsforcelery   » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:27 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

n7axw wrote:
TangoLima wrote:I Hamish genetically related to the Wintons?

Not that I am aware of. But after so many hundreds of years, the Winton fanily tree has been pretty broadly spread with lots of branches... So who knows :o

Don

-

What Don said. :lol:

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by TangoLima   » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:37 pm

TangoLima
Captain (Junior Grade)

Thanx Sectari Pro Apium
Ergo Raoul has some of the Winton genome and maybe more
from the Harrington side.
The questions are how much?
Does it account for his early onset of mental abilities?
Post by saber964   » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:52 pm

saber964
Admiral

People effectively marry their social peers. We know that Emily and Hamish are Aunt and Uncle to Theodore Harper Grand Duke of Manticore and QEIII is distantly related to Khumalo and GWEN Archer. But marrying outside that would be the exception not the rule.
Post by ldwechsler   » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:25 pm

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

saber964 wrote:People effectively marry their social peers. We know that Emily and Hamish are Aunt and Uncle to Theodore Harper Grand Duke of Manticore and QEIII is distantly related to Khumalo and GWEN Archer. But marrying outside that would be the exception not the rule.

It's the opposite in some ways. The King/Queen/Emperors must marry outside the nobility.

I would bet other Wintons beside the prime line did the same. I would bet Henke will not marry into the nobility...although Oversteegan might be a possibility.
Post by pappilon   » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:35 pm

pappilon
Rear Admiral

saber964 wrote:People effectively marry their social peers. We know that Emily and Hamish are Aunt and Uncle to Theodore Harper Grand Duke of Manticore and QEIII is distantly related to Khumalo and GWEN Archer. But marrying outside that would be the exception not the rule.

The answer is maybe... erm possibly, kinda. Sure... I think. And whyare we so very discounting the Bentons, Ramirezs and Chous? I mean just because the genes are not dominant does not relegate them to irrelevance.

And another point to consider: Celery. The cats' abilities were enhanced by some other rather rare and bad tasting plant, Sphinxian celery is more potent, more readily available and tastes better (so I'm told.)

Maybe all cars are telepathically stronger. Maybe its Honor's genetic heretage not the dubious Winton genetic influence.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by saber964   » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:15 pm

saber964
Admiral

ldwechsler wrote:

It's the opposite in some ways. The King/Queen/Emperors must marry outside the nobility.

I would bet other Wintons beside the prime line did the same. I would bet Henke will not marry into the nobility...although Oversteegan might be a possibility.

That's mandated by law but look at the collateral lines.
Princess Caitlin Winton married Earl Edward Henke, The marriage of Prince Michael Winton to Judith Newland was shocking to the stickler's. Mike Henke will probably marry someone in the Navy
Post by n7axw   » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:57 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Much of our discussion seems to assume that genes rule the universe. So a bit of a corrective here... Equally important, if not more so, is nurture as opposed to nature.

Besides, who among has not encountered highly intelligent idiots? :lol:

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by robert132   » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:19 pm

robert132
Captain of the List

saber964 wrote:

That's mandated by law but look at the collateral lines.
Princess Caitlin Winton married Earl Edward Henke, The marriage of Prince Michael Winton to Judith Newland was shocking to the stickler's. Mike Henke will probably marry someone in the Navy

A very distinct possibility since the Navy is where most of her circle of close friends are and where most of her social contacts are made.

Happens all the time real world, that's where I met my "better half" 40 some years ago, both stationed at the same place though not in the same command. The amazing part to me is that after all this time she hasn't tossed me overboard. :D

Just my opinion of course and probably not worth the paper it's not written on.

Return to Honorverse