Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests

UH Spoilers - 2 Revelations that were highly interesting

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
UH Spoilers - 2 Revelations that were highly interesting
Post by Lunan   » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:43 pm

Lunan
Captain of the List

Number 1: The Harringtons are an escaped Alpha Line. Or more to the point a missed connection.
This i find super interesting as clearly the Meyerdaal mods were used to slip some MA agents out into the universe.
This adds to the Irony as the harrington line then got mingled with the Beowulf essentially royal line.
This also means that somewhere in the MA is the genetic information about how to someone start the seed of emphatic talents in the human race

Number 2: The Suicidal thoughts - i think this was a shock in the person. And i think David handled it very well as i think most people can see themselves in that scene at some point in their lives if not for the same reason obviously but it was a very POWERFUL scene and i want to thank David for it
Re: UH Spoilers - 2 Revelations that were highly interesting
Post by pappilon   » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:53 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Lunan wrote:Number 1: The Harringtons are an escaped Alpha Line. Or more to the point a missed connection.
This i find super interesting as clearly the Meyerdaal mods were used to slip some MA agents out into the universe.
This adds to the Irony as the harrington line then got mingled with the Beowulf essentially royal line.
This also means that somewhere in the MA is the genetic information about how to someone start the seed of emphatic talents in the human race

Number 2: The Suicidal thoughts - i think this was a shock in the person. And i think David handled it very well as i think most people can see themselves in that scene at some point in their lives if not for the same reason obviously but it was a very POWERFUL scene and i want to thank David for it

Number 1) Armed treecats. I forsee treecats in their little battle armor suits leading a squad of marines into battle. Or some cat security guard saving the Queen by blowing away an assassin with his 3mm pulser.

Number 2) The actual psychological investigation into tree cat communication. That is a very interesting revelation for me. Along with how interaction with both the Wintons and Harringtons over the centuries is also affecting th cats' abilities.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Re: UH Spoilers - 2 Revelations that were highly interesting
Post by SharkHunter   » Thu May 03, 2018 2:03 pm

SharkHunter
Vice Admiral

--snipping--
pappilon wrote:
Lunan wrote:Number 1: The Harringtons are an escaped Alpha Line. Or more to the point a missed connection.
This also means that somewhere in the MA is the genetic information about how to someone start the seed of emphatic talents in the human race...

Number 1) Armed treecats. I forsee treecats in their little battle armor suits leading a squad of marines into battle. Or some cat security guard saving the Queen by blowing away an assassin with his 3mm pulser.

2nd one first: I think that's the best reason for the treecats to be armed. Had Genghi been armed, he wouldn't have had to run to try to take own the nano-programmed assassin in the Rat Poison operation. You wouldn't want a treecat in power armor, by the way -- not only too technical but it negates the advantages which make the 'cats such effective apex-predators (remember, a hexapuma won't go into a treecat clan's territory.

Anyway, while the "bond" might have a genetic component with the Harrington genome, I think Honor's own sense is something she developed that is unique to her -- she's so attuned to Nimitz that something inside her own knowledge and experience began to tune into the same info she is getting telempathically through their bond.

I know that I can read people I've never met before or at least interacted with astonishingly well, but because when I am around them, I will frequently reminders to others that I know EXTREMELY well, and with a couple of those comparison angles, I don't make a lot of mistakes. In the Honorverse, this might translate to Honor reading someone as "40% Tourville, 20% McKeon, 20% hmm... Alfredo Yu", etc. and knowing that person would be an extremely effective starship captain or admiral, etc. Honor is not going to miss by much for very long, right?
---------------------
All my posts are YMMV, IMHO, and welcoming polite discussion, extension, and rebuttal. This is the HonorVerse, after all

Return to Honorverse