Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests

SPOILER!! Is there anything you missed in UH?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
SPOILER!! Is there anything you missed in UH?
Post by Eagleeye   » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:40 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

So, you're warned ...

First, that's a real, real good book - no doubt about it. But somehow ... I missed a scene.

In the last chapter, before RFC turns to the events at Manticore, I'd liked to see a similar scene at Darius - how the Detweilers try to grasp with the events in the Solar System. After all, it didn't really went like they want it to go, did it? (if they saw that attack coming at all - I'm not so convinced about that little fact) And how do they plan to go forward? Not in any detail - that would be impossible - But the mention of one or two strains regarding the future plans of the Alignment would've been nice. For example: what do they plan for the RF? And the Lenny Dets?
Re: SPOILER!! Is there anything you missed in UH?
Post by George J. Smith   » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:57 am

George J. Smith
Commodore

Eagleeye wrote:So, you're warned ...

First, that's a real, real good book - no doubt about it. But somehow ... I missed a scene.

In the last chapter, before RFC turns to the events at Manticore, I'd liked to see a similar scene at Darius - how the Detweilers try to grasp with the events in the Solar System. After all, it didn't really went like they want it to go, did it? (if they saw that attack coming at all - I'm not so convinced about that little fact) And how do they plan to go forward? Not in any detail - that would be impossible - But the mention of one or two strains regarding the future plans of the Alignment would've been nice. For example: what do they plan for the RF? And the Lenny Dets?

I would expect that it would be a good way to start the next arc, as the MAN fleet sets out, somebody in Darius reflects on what happened the last time they sallied forth, after all from the MAlign perspective Oyster Bay was successful, but all the subsequent events were not as successful and they seemed to be playing catch-up.
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Post by phillies   » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:46 am

phillies
Admiral

George J. Smith wrote:
Eagleeye wrote:So, you're warned ...

I would expect that it would be a good way to start the next arc, as the MAN fleet sets out, somebody in Darius reflects on what happened the last time they sallied forth, after all from the MAlign perspective Oyster Bay was successful, but all the subsequent events were not as successful and they seemed to be playing catch-up.

The Detweiler attack on the Beowulf stations appears to have been an emotional outburst that did not permit cleaning up all of the evidence of penetration of, for example, the SLN. If Beowulf can supply a path to detecting MA operatives that does not give them warning that they should suicide, then they can for example be rendered unconscious, the death agent neutralized, and arrangements then made for interrogation.
Post by phillies   » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:32 pm

phillies
Admiral

One could imagine...well, perhaps the author can imagine...the scene in the supreme legislative body when they are advised that the CNO has just taken it on himself to surrender the League.
Post by pappilon   » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:10 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Perhaps al Funadahai (sp?) getting something, anything for his efforts. The others all got something.

Maybe more scenes with armed bears er treecats. That was hilarious. But that would have been mere fluff (no pun intended, but yeah).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by gsoumakis   » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:26 am

gsoumakis
Midshipman

how do you read the whole book? the link in the front page is only for the first chapter.
Post by Weird Harold   » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:49 am

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

gsoumakis wrote:how do you read the whole book? the link in the front page is only for the first chapter.

http://www.baen.com/uncompromising-honor-earc.html
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by Peregrinator   » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:12 am

Peregrinator
Commander

I would have liked to have seen the SLN execute at least one Parthian Shot.
Post by richardinor   » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:37 am

richardinor
Commander

All the battles were RMN vs. SLN. I would have liked to see a RHN vs. SLN battle.
Post by runsforcelery   » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:26 am

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

richardinor wrote:All the battles were RMN vs. SLN. I would have liked to see a RHN vs. SLN battle.

Ah, Operation Nemesis was carried out by Grand Fleet. You know, the one with that honking big task force of RHN SD(P)s? :lol:

Sorry. I wanted the reader focused on what was going on aboard Honor's flagship (and inside Honor) so I didn't give you an RHN perspective. Perhaps I should have, but . . . .

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.

Return to Honorverse