Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 35 guests

SPOILER!! Is there anything you missed in UH?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: SPOILER!! Is there anything you missed in UH?
Post by Theemile   » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:54 am

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

munroburton wrote:
Theemile wrote:What did the Andermani find out from that merchie whose transponder was screaming "pirates have boarded me"?

I thought that was Bachfisch's armed freighter? IIRC one story he told Honor's staff was about the time they let some pirates board, then blew away their mothership and forced the boarders to surrender. Hence, "pirates have boarded me."

No, I'm referring to the prelude chapter in WoH (I believe) where the Andermani cruiser comes across a merchie blaring the odd transponder code - the chapter ends with the Andermani maneuvering to intercept the freighter - and the cruiser, the Andermani crew, the freighter, and the incident is never mentioned again.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by saber964   » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:50 am

saber964
Admiral

Theemile wrote:What did the Andermani find out from that merchie whose transponder was screaming "pirates have boarded me"?

The Torch navy - did they get their 3 Manty built DDs? How much of the PNiE did they decide to man? Did anyone find the demo charges? Are they putting together a Torch Army Battalion (with lots of Manticorian, Havenite, and Beowulfian loaners) to send to Mesa as was discussed in CoG?

What's happening is Silensia. What is Sarnow's "interesting times?"

Will Sidemore join the IEM?

The Andermani - they are never ones to sit on their hands, how will they make their presence known in Galactic affairs?

Steak and Spider drives - when will the Alliance crack them?

Leonard Detweiler SDs - what do they look like, what are their capabilities, and how are they planned to be used?

The Renaissance alliance, how do they shake up?

of course - maps - wormnholes

and fleetlists (even though David doesn't want to give them up) including what got destroyed in the Yawatta Strike.

was that enough?

They've got to have a population to support a military first. Plus IIRC most of the PNE ships are undergoing refit by the RHN. IIRC the HMTS Spartacus is a Mars A class cruiser and has the defective reactor.
Post by munroburton   » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:38 pm

munroburton
Admiral

Theemile wrote:No, I'm referring to the prelude chapter in WoH (I believe) where the Andermani cruiser comes across a merchie blaring the odd transponder code - the chapter ends with the Andermani maneuvering to intercept the freighter - and the cruiser, the Andermani crew, the freighter, and the incident is never mentioned again.

You're right - that ship is named as the AMS Karawane and described as a four megaton Andermani-flagged freighter. Hm. I had overlooked that until now, assuming it was one of Pirates' Bane's aliases.
Post by Theemile   » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:15 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

munroburton wrote:
Theemile wrote:No, I'm referring to the prelude chapter in WoH (I believe) where the Andermani cruiser comes across a merchie blaring the odd transponder code - the chapter ends with the Andermani maneuvering to intercept the freighter - and the cruiser, the Andermani crew, the freighter, and the incident is never mentioned again.

You're right - that ship is named as the AMS Karawane and described as a four megaton Andermani-flagged freighter. Hm. I had overlooked that until now, assuming it was one of Pirates' Bane's aliases.

I believe RFC has called the chapter with the merchie a Checkov's Musket over the years. I guess we finally found out it was never loaded.

Still I find it an odd prelude chapter if all it did was discuss that there was an ongoing pirate problem in Silesia - which by that time should have been obvious to any of us readers....
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by Theemile   » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:28 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

saber964 wrote:

The Torch navy - did they get their 3 Manty built DDs? How much of the PNiE did they decide to man? Did anyone find the demo charges? Are they putting together a Torch Army Battalion (with lots of Manticorian, Havenite, and Beowulfian loaners) to send to Mesa as was discussed in CoG?

What's happening is Silensia. What is Sarnow's "interesting times?"

Will Sidemore join the IEM?

The Andermani - they are never ones to sit on their hands, how will they make their presence known in Galactic affairs?

Steak and Spider drives - when will the Alliance crack them?

Leonard Detweiler SDs - what do they look like, what are their capabilities, and how are they planned to be used?

The Renaissance alliance, how do they shake up?

of course - maps - wormnholes

and fleetlists (even though David doesn't want to give them up) including what got destroyed in the Yawatta Strike.

was that enough?

They've got to have a population to support a military first. Plus IIRC most of the PNE ships are undergoing refit by the RHN. IIRC the HMTS Spartacus is a Mars A class cruiser and has the defective reactor.

Of course, but the questions I am asking are the unresolved questions from Torch.

We know the RHN was refitting the PNIE survivors for Torch, but what will Torch actually use, mothball (just manning the Sparticus would take the crews of half of the 14 Frigates), or gift them someone else? Were the charges found by the refitters?

We know Hauptman was building 3 advanced DDs below cost for Torch - but were they finished in time to escape OB and what were their specs?

In CoG, there was a discussion of Torch taking the lead in a Mesa Occupation - with a small ground organization made from loaner troops from other organizations (most probably ex-slaves or slave descendants), but we never heard more than that (of course that read like a Flint storyline.)

All examples of Checkov's Muskets - hanging over the fireplace and never fired.

Return to Honorverse