Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests

Spoilers post-UH Admiralty

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Spoilers post-UH Admiralty
Post by lfesdaille   » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:07 pm

lfesdaille
Ensign

Went and reread the Boewulf attack sequences and discovered that I missed the text of Admiral Alice Truman in command of both Task Force Thirty-One and Third Fleet.

Thus he have the following RMN known active Fleet Command and Commanders some of which may include Grayson or Boewulf elements.

Third Fleet - Admiral Alice Truman
Eight Fleet - Fleet Admiral Honor Alexander-Harrington
Fifth Fleet was an operational formation of the Royal Manticoran Navy's Logistics Command no Current Commanding Officer Mentioned
Ninth Fleet - Admiral Mark Sarnow
Tenth Fleet - Admiral Gloria "Mike" Henke aka Gold Peak

Were Second and Sixth Fleet ever reactivated? If so what is it defending? I hope Trevor Star at least. Its possibly i may have to co back a book or two for the Trevor Star Reference..

[quote="lfesdaille"]In wrapping up the Havenite Sector wars, The War with the Solarian League and the revelation of the entity once refered to as the Mesan Alliance. Along with the the Death of three Space lords of Manticore, the High Admiral of Grayson, Several members of the Boewulf System Government and Military leaderships along with numerous Ambassadors and 43 Million people. The Mad Wizard aka runsforcelery manage to achive a political solution by military means to end the wars which have been instigated by parties unknown.

He has managed to foil at least two the parties unknown objectives: 1. Mutual destruction of Manticore and Haven (Havenite Sector). 2. The Breakup or total collapse of the Solarian league.

The impact the combined four Admiralties will naturally be different. To date the Grand Alliance Admiralties have only shown active operations of Manticore, Gryason and Haven. However when operations moved to Sol one would expect that Boewulf would take an active part in those operations despite their hardware inferiority. My only question would be did the Andermani take part in those Operations.

In the case of Haven given the written text their Admiralty leadership change may have the least impact of replacements due to death. Until Lester is recalled to Manticore at least Tom will i suspect remain in Manticore.

In the Case of Manticore they at the very least need to replace the 1st, 2nd and 5th Space Lords. Along with the Home Fleet Commander and 8th Fleet which seemed to be one of Honor's Many Hats.

Has Alice Truman been Promoted to Admiral? Was her detachment of the 8th Fleet formally transfered or activated as another Fleet?

Naturally the Recall of Admirals Sarnow, Henke aka Gold Peak will happen at some point. Manticore does have a number of other Vice and Admiral's who we have met, like Vice Admiral Jessup Blaine and Quentin O'Malley. Both of whom may very well have been on the short list for full Admiral's Rank.

Our beloved Mad Wizard aka runsforcelery has left himself lots of wiggle room.

With that stated it is my expectation that Manticore will at least resume a rotation policy of its Admirals similar to what it did in the build up to the Haventive war under both King Roger and Queen & Empress Elizabeth.

In the Case of Boewulf Vice Admiral Marianne Holmon-Sanders could very well become the head of their Admiralty as one of the few named Boewulf Admirals to date and was not named in text as been dead.

In the case of Grayson, It would be interesting to see which of the named characters including Rear Admiral Alenka Borderwijk could be come the first Female High Admiral or even Alfredo Yu...

Darn it i wish the Mad Wizard aka runsforcelery could clone himself for as much i i wish to see the final War I also wish to also see all the small intervening political and military brush fires and skullduggery by the intelligence agents of all parties.

I started reading this series in 1994 and all the other published works at this point you really do need a clone to complete all your literary works...
Post by TangoLima   » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:52 pm

TangoLima
Captain (Junior Grade)

Send in the clones ...
Post by lfesdaille   » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:01 pm

lfesdaille
Ensign

TangoLima wrote:Send in the clones ...

They have bee requested before from way back in the "alt.books.david-weber" and later the the Bar "bar.baen.com"
Post by saber964   » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:55 am

saber964
Admiral

lfesdaille wrote:Went and reread the Boewulf attack sequences and discovered that I missed the text of Admiral Alice Truman in command of both Task Force Thirty-One and Third Fleet.

Thus he have the following RMN known active Fleet Command and Commanders some of which may include Grayson or Boewulf elements.

Third Fleet - Admiral Alice Truman
Eight Fleet - Fleet Admiral Honor Alexander-Harrington
Fifth Fleet was an operational formation of the Royal Manticoran Navy's Logistics Command no Current Commanding Officer Mentioned
Ninth Fleet - Admiral Mark Sarnow
Tenth Fleet - Admiral Gloria "Mike" Henke aka Gold Peak

Were Second and Sixth Fleet ever reactivated? If so what is it defending? I hope Trevor Star at least. Its possibly i may have to co back a book or two for the Trevor Star Reference..

lfesdaille wrote:In wrapping up the Havenite Sector wars, The War with the Solarian League and the revelation of the entity once refered to as the Mesan Alliance. Along with the the Death of three Space lords of Manticore, the High Admiral of Grayson, Several members of the Boewulf System Government and Military leaderships along with numerous Ambassadors and 43 Million people. The Mad Wizard aka runsforcelery manage to achive a political solution by military means to end the wars which have been instigated by parties unknown.

He has managed to foil at least two the parties unknown objectives: 1. Mutual destruction of Manticore and Haven (Havenite Sector). 2. The Breakup or total collapse of the Solarian league.

The impact the combined four Admiralties will naturally be different. To date the Grand Alliance Admiralties have only shown active operations of Manticore, Gryason and Haven. However when operations moved to Sol one would expect that Boewulf would take an active part in those operations despite their hardware inferiority. My only question would be did the Andermani take part in those Operations.

In the case of Haven given the written text their Admiralty leadership change may have the least impact of replacements due to death. Until Lester is recalled to Manticore at least Tom will i suspect remain in Manticore.

In the Case of Manticore they at the very least need to replace the 1st, 2nd and 5th Space Lords. Along with the Home Fleet Commander and 8th Fleet which seemed to be one of Honor's Many Hats.

Has Alice Truman been Promoted to Admiral? Was her detachment of the 8th Fleet formally transfered or activated as another Fleet?

Naturally the Recall of Admirals Sarnow, Henke aka Gold Peak will happen at some point. Manticore does have a number of other Vice and Admiral's who we have met, like Vice Admiral Jessup Blaine and Quentin O'Malley. Both of whom may very well have been on the short list for full Admiral's Rank.

Our beloved Mad Wizard aka runsforcelery has left himself lots of wiggle room.

With that stated it is my expectation that Manticore will at least resume a rotation policy of its Admirals similar to what it did in the build up to the Haventive war under both King Roger and Queen & Empress Elizabeth.

In the Case of Boewulf Vice Admiral Marianne Holmon-Sanders could very well become the head of their Admiralty as one of the few named Boewulf Admirals to date and was not named in text as been dead.

In the case of Grayson, It would be interesting to see which of the named characters including Rear Admiral Alenka Borderwijk could be come the first Female High Admiral or even Alfredo Yu...

Darn it i wish the Mad Wizard aka runsforcelery could clone himself for as much i i wish to see the final War I also wish to also see all the small intervening political and military brush fires and skullduggery by the intelligence agents of all parties.

I started reading this series in 1994 and all the other published works at this point you really do need a clone to complete all your literary works...

IIRC Second Fleet is the Gryphon/R & D fleet and Sixth Fleet might be the numbered fleet for all of the TF's holding the minor Alliance worlds.

Return to Honorverse