Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: George J. Smith, Google [Bot] and 36 guests

-SPOILER- Uncompromising Honor - Likes and Don't Likes

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: -SPOILER- Uncompromising Honor - Likes and Don't Likes
Post by ldwechsler   » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:26 am

ldwechsler
Rear Admiral

JohnRoth wrote:
Weird Harold wrote:Second, and more important, while Benjamin, Colin, Daniel, Franklin and Gerevais might not be really solid on genetics as they practice it, Everett is in charge of their biological research: he ought to be up on how it works and what that means in excruciating detail.

But it wasn't Everett who lamented the Honor "should have been ours, it was Benjamin. Everett's reaction wasn't shown.

I haven't read past the snippets, so I didn't know who made the comment. Benjamin is obviously thinking "we could sure use a fleet commander like that." After all, that was his portfolio before he became *A* ^H^H^H Alpha One. (At least I assume he inherited the cape.)

Everett is probably wondering how he can get a copy of Honor's actual genome for analysis.[/quote]

I am reasonably certain it would not be all that difficult to get her genome. At that time, it would be a relatively simple thing. Her mother was a geneticist and probably had a genome made up.

Undoubtedly, Haven got it when Honor was captured. And there were MAlign agents THERE and chances are it wouldn't be all that secret.

I don't know that it would do them much good. She was a standard modification that attracted treecats. She was a brilliant admiral but there were others.

And genetics only goes so far.
Re: -SPOILER- Uncompromising Honor - Likes and Don't Likes
Post by Dauntless   » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:29 pm

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

ldwechsler wrote:
And genetics only goes so far.

Yes but these are MAlign, to who genetics are everything.

At this point they are not going to let little things like facts and reason sway them from their path.

Return to Honorverse