Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests

Felix junction, key aspect of the story (possible spoilers?)

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Felix junction, key aspect of the story (possible spoile
Post by kzt   » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:06 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Eventually. Which isn’t next week or next month. It might be next year. Or 5 years, though that seems unlikely as next year.

Hyperdrive testing is kind of dangerous, as the usual sign of a problem is the ship being destroyed. And I think unmanned ships don’t work in the honorverse.
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:45 pm

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

n7axw wrote:It is a bit silly to suggest that nobody outside of the Alignment will ever be able to develop a streak drive. After all, the Alignment did it. So the possibility is that someone else can do it too.

As for kzt's point, unless Simoes' theoretical models are too incomplete, Hemphill, Foraker and company will be able to test the theory and eventually develop working models if the theory holds up. There may well be holes to fill in, but I imagine there are enough bright little boys and girls out at Bolthole to accomplish that too.

The point is that once you know something can be done, half the battle is won. Someone will do it.

Don

-

8-) Not to worry - But I am begining to think kzt is really a MA disinformation mole -

Nimitz
Post by kzt   » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:23 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Nimitz1923PD wrote: 8-) Not to worry - But I am begining to think kzt is really a MA disinformation mole -

Nimitz

I’m the voice of experience. And someone who has read the books a few times and been thinking about this for a while. David really has a very optimistic take on technology and manufacturing. Compare Honorverse naval procurement to the USN, where the last 3 ship classes range from the expensive total disasters of the little crappy ships to expensive fiasco of DDG1000 where you can’t afford to buy ammo for the gun that justified the ship (and is also missing a critical AA radar) to the expensive disappointment of the Ford, where critical systems still don’t work but might be fixable.
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:50 pm

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

kzt wrote:
Nimitz1923PD wrote: 8-) Not to worry - But I am begining to think kzt is really a MA disinformation mole -

Nimitz

I’m the voice of experience. And someone who has read the books a few times and been thinking about this for a while. David really has a very optimistic take on technology and manufacturing. Compare Honorverse naval procurement to the USN, where the last 3 ship classes range from the expensive total disasters of the little crappy ships to expensive fiasco of DDG1000 where you can’t afford to buy ammo for the gun that justified the ship (and is also missing a critical AA radar) to the expensive disappointment of the Ford, where critical systems still don’t work but might be fixable.

Yes i have read the series more than once too -

And if You are really honest You should consider who was CIC from 2009-2016

I am a USN Vet 1979-1988 right after that other Democrats CIC disaster.

Nimitz

Return to Honorverse