Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 29 guests

Felix junction, key aspect of the story (possible spoilers?)

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Felix junction, key aspect of the story (possible spoilers?)
Post by SYED   » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:32 pm

SYED
Rear Admiral

I don't know why but this junction makes me wonder. I would like to more about all wormholes, but this one is different. The fact it mentions one of he Unknown terminii is in the haven quadrant. This makes me wonder if they might discover and launch a raid, before the enemy can react.

Darius is the equivalent of bolt hole. A key advantage to the war. So eliminating would be crucial.

A funny idea just occurred to me. There are three honor verse series centered on the conflict. One of the Felix terminii leads indirectly to torch, another to the haven quadrant. What if the final Unknown terminii leads to a location near the talbot quadrant or the surrounding verge systems? I know it is deeply unlikely, but it would tie the three series together.

They know the junction has four terminii, but do they know the exact co ordinates for all of them on both sides.

The haven and manti alliance is unprecedented , so the Malignment would be scrambling. Bolt hole was set up to be destroyed, but taken off the plans. So what if they plan to send ships to deal with the system. Ships that could have key navigational data concerning Felix.
Re: Felix junction, key aspect of the story (possible spoile
Post by George J. Smith   » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:31 am

George J. Smith
Commodore

SYED wrote:I don't know why but this junction makes me wonder. I would like to more about all wormholes, but this one is different. The fact it mentions one of he Unknown terminii is in the haven quadrant. This makes me wonder if they might discover and launch a raid, before the enemy can react.

Darius is the equivalent of bolt hole. A key advantage to the war. So eliminating would be crucial.

A funny idea just occurred to me. There are three honor verse series centered on the conflict. One of the Felix terminii leads indirectly to torch, another to the haven quadrant. What if the final Unknown terminii leads to a location near the talbot quadrant or the surrounding verge systems? I know it is deeply unlikely, but it would tie the three series together.

They know the junction has four terminii, but do they know the exact co ordinates for all of them on both sides.

The haven and manti alliance is unprecedented , so the Malignment would be scrambling. Bolt hole was set up to be destroyed, but taken off the plans. So what if they plan to send ships to deal with the system. Ships that could have key navigational data concerning Felix.

Haven ships built at Bolthole had all references to Bolthole removed before being deployed, I would assume that MAlign ships built at Darius would have the location and the navigation details of how to get there removed too.
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Post by n7axw   » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:01 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

George J. Smith wrote:
SYED wrote:I don't know why but this junction makes me wonder. I would like to more about all wormholes, but this one is different. The fact it mentions one of he Unknown terminii is in the haven quadrant. This makes me wonder if they might discover and launch a raid, before the enemy can react.

Haven ships built at Bolthole had all references to Bolthole removed before being deployed, I would assume that MAlign ships built at Darius would have the location and the navigation details of how to get there removed too.

Yep. Someone will either betray Darius' location or, someone will stumble across one of the wormholes leading to it. It will be interesting to see how ot happens.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by kzt   » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:07 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

n7axw wrote:Yep. Someone will either betray Darius' location or, someone will stumble across one of the wormholes leading to it. It will be interesting to see how ot happens.

It odd how many killer wormholes there are in that part of the galaxy...
Post by feyhunde   » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:29 pm

feyhunde
Lieutenant Commander

George J. Smith wrote:

I assume how it's worked is ships made in Bolthole have transit crews to move the ships to a hub, at the end of the transit voyage details about Sanctuary are erased.

Any records about construction would refer to the platform rather than the system. Eg. 'Forge 1' which won't tell the manties too much if captured.
Post by kzt   » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:33 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

feyhunde wrote:I assume how it's worked is ships made in Bolthole have transit crews to move the ships to a hub, at the end of the transit voyage details about Sanctuary are erased.

Any records about construction would refer to the platform rather than the system. Eg. 'Forge 1' which won't tell the manties too much if captured.

No the entire fleet works up at bolthole. There was a scene about that in one of the books.
Post by Frankjg   » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:20 pm

Frankjg
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

When will it be revealed publicly and will the torch junction be figured out?
Post by pappilon   » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:36 pm

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Frankjg wrote:When will it be revealed publicly and will the torch junction be figured out?

(1)As soon as His Celeriness writes the book, or approves someone else writing it. (2) at the whim of which ever author tells the tale.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by PeterZ   » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:33 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

The next arc may well begin with one or the other secret naval production center being discovered. Plot considerations suggest Bolthole being discovered is more likely.
Post by kzt   » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:15 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

PeterZ wrote:The next arc may well begin with one or the other secret naval production center being discovered. Plot considerations suggest Bolthole being discovered is more likely.

There are way too many people as shown knowing where bolthole is in the last book.

Return to Honorverse