Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 37 guests

Felix junction, key aspect of the story (possible spoilers?)

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Felix junction, key aspect of the story (possible spoile
Post by Weird Harold   » Sat May 26, 2018 7:09 am

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

Nimitz1923PD wrote:1. The "G.U.L."'s are an internal security force not postmen assasins

The GAULs were used as security on all the Houdini transports and were responsible for the one example of "take as many as possible with you" in textev. That was done, iirc, with a "suitcase nuke" in the GAUL's cabin.

The MAlign doesn't need 100% fanatics on Darius, they just need one fanatic GAUL on each ship with knowledge of Darius in its nav computers.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Sat May 26, 2018 7:56 am

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

Weird Harold wrote:
Nimitz1923PD wrote:1. The "G.U.L."'s are an internal security force not postmen assasins

The GAULs were used as security on all the Houdini transports and were responsible for the one example of "take as many as possible with you" in textev. That was done, iirc, with a "suitcase nuke" in the GAUL's cabin.

The MAlign doesn't need 100% fanatics on Darius, they just need one fanatic GAUL on each ship with knowledge of Darius in its nav computers.

1. The MA only used G.U.L's during Houdini because 8-10% of thier agents where out-system of Mesa on field OP's

2. Darius had no need of super secret MA agents/assasins to keep thier workforce cowed

3.I doubt - Wanted suicidal pizza delivery boy would make an effective starship recruitng tool

4.When the Clones of Darius find out thier history is a fabricated lie

"BOOM"
Nimitz
Post by munroburton   » Sat May 26, 2018 8:26 am

munroburton
Admiral

Nimitz1923PD wrote:100% past performance on a single or multi-OP does Not equate or ensure 100% of future or planned OP's

Nimitz

That is true.

Unfortunately, Operation Houdini is almost finished. I imagine nearly all the Houdini freighters have reached Darius or been lost in transit by the end of UH.

Therefore, targets of opportunities are simply not going to be available any more than they were before Houdini began.

That is an unknown number of streak boats, all of which are very carefully operated and many of which are protected by interstellar conventions. Very few of which will actually know where Darius is.

This is a big problem for the GA, because they can demand a MAlign dispatch boat to "heave to and prepare for boarding", but then it explodes and leaves them with another diplomatic black mark against their reputation.

It would be better to track them if they are spotted. Be patient. This is an enemy willing to wait centuries. Dreary as it sounds, the GA might need to spend decades collecting evidence and investigating in order to get anywhere near the RF-Darius link.
Post by George J. Smith   » Sat May 26, 2018 8:49 am

George J. Smith
Commodore

munroburton wrote:
Nimitz1923PD wrote:100% past performance on a single or multi-OP does Not equate or ensure 100% of future or planned OP's

Nimitz

That is true.

Unfortunately, Operation Houdini is almost finished. I imagine nearly all the Houdini freighters have reached Darius or been lost in transit by the end of UH.

Therefore, targets of opportunities are simply not going to be available any more than they were before Houdini began.

That is an unknown number of streak boats, all of which are very carefully operated and many of which are protected by interstellar conventions. Very few of which will actually know where Darius is.

This is a big problem for the GA, because they can demand a MAlign dispatch boat to "heave to and prepare for boarding", but then it explodes and leaves them with another diplomatic black mark against their reputation.

It would be better to track them if they are spotted. Be patient. This is an enemy willing to wait centuries. Dreary as it sounds, the GA might need to spend decades collecting evidence and investigating in order to get anywhere near the RF-Darius link.

Not to mention whether or not rfc is going to write any more stories in the Honorverse, and if the answer to that is positive, how many stories he thinks he needs to close the new arc?
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Sat May 26, 2018 9:24 am

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

[/quote]

It would be better to track them if they are spotted. Be patient. This is an enemy willing to wait centuries. [b]Dreary as it sounds, the GA might need to spend decades collecting evidence and investigating in order to get anywhere near the RF-Darius link.

Not to mention whether or not rfc is going to write any more stories in the Honorverse, and if the answer to that is positive, how many stories he thinks he needs to close the new arc?
[/quote]
-----------------------------
Correct me if I am wrong

Firebrand left a Streak-Boat docked in a star system before he was caught in Indy's (SOF/SOV) civil war; caught; & got a treecat. - as long as the docking fees are paid - It should still be there

Nimitz
Post by George J. Smith   » Sat May 26, 2018 11:08 am

George J. Smith
Commodore

Nimitz1923PD wrote:

It would be better to track them if they are spotted. Be patient. This is an enemy willing to wait centuries. [b]Dreary as it sounds, the GA might need to spend decades collecting evidence and investigating in order to get anywhere near the RF-Darius link.

[/quote]
Correct me if I am wrong

Firebrand left a Streak-Boat docked in a star system before he was caught in Indy's (SOF/SOV) civil war; caught; & got a treecat. - as long as the docking fees are paid - It should still be there

Nimitz[/quote]

I would have thought the crew may have departed after a set time out of contact with Firebrand
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Sat May 26, 2018 11:40 am

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

George J. Smith wrote:
Nimitz1923PD wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong

Nimitz[/quote]

I would have thought the crew may have departed after a set time out of contact with Firebrand[/quote]
---------------------'-----------

Really a MA ship crew with a pulser aimed at them is going to leave without direct orders from the GODs of MESA?

PS Regardless the Manti's have thier transponder code & Thier Homeport is MESA

Nimitz
Post by kzt   » Sat May 26, 2018 12:44 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Nimitz1923PD wrote:
kzt wrote:I pointed out that self-destruct fuzes on modern ordinance had a failure rate ranging between a few percentage to >20% and asked why the MA wasn't going after missiles that missed at BoM. David said they ALL self-destructed. Not mostly, every single one functioned exactly 100% as planned.

100% past performance on a single or multi-OP does Not equate or ensure 100% of future or planned OP's

Nimitz

Things work unreasonably well when the plot needs them to do so.
Post by JohnRoth   » Sat May 26, 2018 12:58 pm

JohnRoth
Admiral

Nimitz1923PD wrote:-----------------------------
Correct me if I am wrong

Really a MA ship crew with a pulser aimed at them is going to leave without direct orders from the GODs of MESA?

Nimitz

That ship had so many identities that Firebrand had his own pet name for it. The one thing that you can be sure of is that none of them showed that its home port was Mesa, except when it was actually in Mesan space.
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Sat May 26, 2018 1:14 pm

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

JohnRoth wrote:
Nimitz1923PD wrote:-----------------------------
Correct me if I am wrong

Nimitz

That ship had so many identities that Firebrand had his own pet name for it. The one thing that you can be sure of is that none of them showed that its home port was Mesa, except when it was actually in Mesan space.

1. They have no idea Firebrand was captured

2. They have no idea Mesa is under new management

3.They are using a Solly transponder

4. Captured Mesan Navy Ships make deceptivly good Inspection Patrol Vessals stuffed with Manti/Haven Marines

Nimitz

Return to Honorverse