Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 57 guests

SL Systems with A-line leadership?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
SL Systems with A-line leadership?
Post by EdThomas   » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:31 pm

EdThomas
Captain of the List

Somewhere in the back of this not very well functioning memory is a memory of a conversation of MA leadership with/about several SL systems that were controlled by A-line persons. Said persons supposedly had built up their systems' space forces to a high level that would enable them to exert a great deal of control over their areas when the SL/GA conflict led to the breakup of the League. Does anyone recall anything about this or something similar?
Re: SL Systems with A-line leadership?
Post by Weird Harold   » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:42 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

EdThomas wrote:Somewhere in the back of this not very well functioning memory is a memory of a conversation of MA leadership with/about several SL systems that were controlled by A-line persons. Said persons supposedly had built up their systems' space forces to a high level that would enable them to exert a great deal of control over their areas when the SL/GA conflict led to the breakup of the League. Does anyone recall anything about this or something similar?

That would be the Renaissance Factor; 12 systems plus Mesa (and Darius?) that is planned to become the successor to the Solarian League.

None of the systems have significant SDFs when considered alone, but when combined the Renaissance Factor will have one of the top five Navies in (terms of size) with probably the fourth most advanced Navy tech.

I haven't read Uncompromising Honor yet, so I don't know what part if any the RF plays in the actual breakup of the league; I suspect it happens a lot faster than they planned for with a lot less chaos.

NOTE: This is NOT a Spoiler Thread, so do NOT detail the RF's part in that book!
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by kzt   » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:10 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

There is not much more said after the big meeting in whatever book it occurred in. SFtS? Can't remember.
Post by Theemile   » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:14 pm

Theemile
Fleet Admiral

Weird Harold wrote:
EdThomas wrote:Somewhere in the back of this not very well functioning memory is a memory of a conversation of MA leadership with/about several SL systems that were controlled by A-line persons. Said persons supposedly had built up their systems' space forces to a high level that would enable them to exert a great deal of control over their areas when the SL/GA conflict led to the breakup of the League. Does anyone recall anything about this or something similar?

That would be the Renaissance Factor; 12 systems plus Mesa (and Darius?) that is planned to become the successor to the Solarian League.

None of the systems have significant SDFs when considered alone, but when combined the Renaissance Factor will have one of the top five Navies in (terms of size) with probably the fourth most advanced Navy tech.

I haven't read Uncompromising Honor yet, so I don't know what part if any the RF plays in the actual breakup of the league; I suspect it happens a lot faster than they planned for with a lot less chaos.

NOTE: This is NOT a Spoiler Thread, so do NOT detail the RF's part in that book!

Mannerheim, one of the nations of the RF, has a large SDF(They had at least 1 Dreadnaught). Visigoth, another RF nation, owns a busy 2 or 3 terminus wormhole, and is assumed to have a decent SDF. Yildune, another RF nation owned by TIY, probably has a decent SDF, and the ability to belch out a navy PDQ, if necessary.

But other than the meeting of presidents, Yildune's orchetrations , and Mannerheims, navy covering the Felix wormhole and the Twins's terminus', the RF has had little mention.
RFC said "refitting a Beowulfan SD to Manticoran standards would be just as difficult as refitting a standard SLN SD to those standards. In other words, it would be cheaper and faster to build new ships."
Post by SYED   » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:06 pm

SYED
Rear Admiral

The impression I got is that the league will be going after independent systems. Is it possible those Malignment systems could end up on the list? They compartmentalized so much, that their assets accidently set the fleets on them. They might even do so on purpose, to show off their strength and ability, and weaken the league more.
Post by Annachie   » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:37 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

I'm betting that the MAlign have a pretty good handle of telling the league which systems, or types of systems, to target and are taking great care for the RF systems/planets to not meet those targeting criteria.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Robert_A_Woodward   » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:42 am

Robert_A_Woodward
Captain of the List

Theemile wrote:
Mannerheim, one of the nations of the RF, has a large SDF(They had at least 1 Dreadnaught). Visigoth, another RF nation, owns a busy 2 or 3 terminus wormhole, and is assumed to have a decent SDF. Yildune, another RF nation owned by TIY, probably has a decent SDF, and the ability to belch out a navy PDQ, if necessary.

All but one of the 12 worlds in the Renaissance Factor is mentioned in chapter 39 of _Mission of Honor_. Yildune is not one of them. The 12th is listed in the character list (Board Chairman Joan Kubrick is there listed as head of the Maxwell Association, Maxwell system).
----------------------------
Beowulf was bad.
(first sentence of Chapter VI of _Space Viking_ by H. Beam Piper)

Return to Honorverse