Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dauntless and 24 guests

(Spoiler!) What's Next for the Honorverse?(Spoiler Warning!)

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: (Spoiler!) What's Next for the Honorverse?(Spoiler Warni
Post by dscott8   » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:30 pm

dscott8
Commodore

I suspect that the Solly "Ghost Hunters" will hook up with Zilwicki/Cachat to track down the "Other Guys". As a former Quartermaster Officer, I suspect that inquiring into sales of the machine tools and basic supplies needed to build ships could lead to whoever's building spider-drive craft.

At some point, when they locate the Detweilers' secret hideaway, it will be time to call Honor out of her cozy family retirement and ask he if she'd like to kick ass on the people who planned Oyster Bay.
Post by n7axw   » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:13 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

dscott8 wrote:I suspect that the Solly "Ghost Hunters" will hook up with Zilwicki/Cachat to track down the "Other Guys". As a former Quartermaster Officer, I suspect that inquiring into sales of the machine tools and basic supplies needed to build ships could lead to whoever's building spider-drive craft.

At some point, when they locate the Detweilers' secret hideaway, it will be time to call Honor out of her cozy family retirement and ask he if she'd like to kick ass on the people who planned Oyster Bay.

Come now, in the honorverse, it's not ass... it's arse... gotta keep these things straight! :lol:

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by PeterZ   » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:30 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

dscott8 wrote:I suspect that the Solly "Ghost Hunters" will hook up with Zilwicki/Cachat to track down the "Other Guys". As a former Quartermaster Officer, I suspect that inquiring into sales of the machine tools and basic supplies needed to build ships could lead to whoever's building spider-drive craft.

Darius has been around for some time. They could have built their own tools. I agree that finding purchases or shipments that go no where will be a good tactic. It will be like finding needles in a haystack, but still offers a better chance than doing nothing.

As for Honor, She will stay with her children until they get school age. Then she will take over Saganami Island. Working with all those youngsters will do her a world of good, while still shaping the RMN is fundamental ways. I can see her pushing for the admission of Havenite cadets and ensuring their successful integration into an increasingly unified GA navy.

Its the perfect job for her. She can go home after work and see her family. Hamish will work late hours, but she can see her kids and experience domestic felicity. She can take summers and the odd sabbatical off to visit her Steading on Grayson. Heck, I can see her also getting those cadets more accustomed to working with treecats in an increased capacity. She will provide treecats with options moving forward. Sam's and Nimitz' kits will help that first "class" of treecats. Sam will be essential in designing the curriculum.

Oooooh! Memory singers teaching at Saganami Island. Treecats screening for and treating psychological issues that will cause problems in RMN/GSN/RHN service. Getting rid of the worst Elvis Santinos from gaining purchase in the RMN. those with tendencies will have their records denoted that way.
Post by kzt   » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:05 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Loren Pechtel wrote:
And when you don't return it's going to be a pack of SD(P)'s that investigate your disappearance.

Like how they send a fleet out to find every freighter that never makes a destination?
Post by PeterZ   » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:15 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

kzt wrote:
Loren Pechtel wrote:
And when you don't return it's going to be a pack of SD(P)'s that investigate your disappearance.

Like how they send a fleet out to find every freighter that never makes a destination?

Only those that appear elsewhere later with no explanaition for where they have been. Identify the smugglers, pirate victims, unidentified losses and what is left are black ops. Identifying which nations are behind those ops can be done. Those that can't be indentified are prime suspects to track.

Indeed this is a very difficult job, but can lead somewhere. Especially led by an ex-Gendarme and Verge Protectorate black marketeer looking to begin an import/export business in this new interstellar environment.
Post by Loren Pechtel   » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:32 pm

Loren Pechtel
Rear Admiral

kzt wrote:
Sharp Claw wrote:I keep wondering how long it will be before it occurs to the scientists that that the failure of the wormhole survey was NOT due to some natural cause. It should be obvious that if the Manties have wormhole forts, then someone else could have wormhole defenses as well.

And the way you tell the difference between a WH which destroys anyone who goes through it and a WH where you get destroyed once you get through it is?

Put something very stealthy out there to watch for ships emerging from it.
Post by Loren Pechtel   » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:40 pm

Loren Pechtel
Rear Admiral

Yeah--they had already concluded that the GA was at least in general correct about what was going on and then they found the nanotech. With that the sensible approach is to contact the GA and propose an exchange of information on hunting the bad guys. Both sides should see value in sharing information on a common enemy.
Post by Loren Pechtel   » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:41 pm

Loren Pechtel
Rear Admiral

kzt wrote:
Loren Pechtel wrote:

Send a fleet out to track any wormhole hunter that doesn't report back, not merely any freighter.
Post by ywing14   » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:38 pm

ywing14
Captain (Junior Grade)

I believe it's more likely the Ghost Hunters and Cachat/Zilwicki would bump into each other while running down leads instead of actually contacting each other and working together. A lot will depend on what the Gaddis tells the GA.
Post by PeterZ   » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:03 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Cachat was promoted above ops and into policy. He is now a politician for all practical purposes. Zilwicki will face much the same future as his daughter will want his insight and his broad arse (see Don!) safe.

Plays With Fire, Fire Watch and Lucky In Love will have to track down the MAlign in the next story arc. Indy will likely know all the Harringtons well. Through him so will Harahap. One of the three Harrington kids will take up with them apprenticing as a spook under cover of being an entrepreneur.

Let's see ..... three Harrington kids and 4 treekittens. One each for Katherine and Raoul. One for Indy (might not be bonded) and one for the very interesting third Harrington. I believe that third child will have all three parents in his/her genetic makeup.

He will either be a 6'0" blond Adonis looking like Emily but with Hamish's eyes and Honor's Meyerdahl beta mods. Or she could be a 6'0" tall blond bombshell looking like Emily's younger twin with Hamish's eyes and Honor's Meyerdahl beta mods. Emilia Alexander Harrington or Emile Alexander Harrington.

Return to Honorverse