Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 31 guests

(Spoiler!) What's Next for the Honorverse?(Spoiler Warning!)

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: (Spoiler!) What's Next for the Honorverse?(Spoiler Warni
Post by PeterZ   » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:04 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

pappilon wrote:
Weird Harold wrote:I can't see Honor as a "soccer mom."

I can definitely see her dividing her time between Harrington Stedding, Harrington Duchy, and Harrington House's admin and consular sections. That's still going to leave her bored to tears, even with White Haven added to the mix.

It is possible that for security reasons, The Alexander-Harrington might be "home schooled" in a "home" that spans three or four (or more) planets while they travel with their mom and or dad on diplomatic and business trips.

Yeah, what Klaus Hauptmann figured out way back in Honor Among Enemies, and what Elizabeth said. When she realizes the military part of the alliance is failing because no one else can hold all three sides together and she sees it as her duty to both of her worlds to step back in, she will, because it is the way she is put together.

Closest Honor can get to soccer mom is her baseball team.

That's why I thought of Saganami Island. She can teach and set policy for the cadets, influence training policy and finally influence GA integration. She does this while enabling her children to socialize like many of their peers while going through school. Soccer mom? Not really, more like a working mom who chooses a job that fits her home life's schedule.

I wonder if Grayson baseball will be introduced to Manticore? I can see the Harrington Salamanders taking on the Owens Comets in Queen's Stadium in an exhibition match. Heck, they may well travel to Haven as well.
Post by BrightSoul   » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:35 pm

BrightSoul
Rear Admiral

PeterZ wrote:snip...

I wonder if Grayson baseball will be introduced to Manticore? I can see the Harrington Salamanders taking on the Owens Comets in Queen's Stadium in an exhibition match. Heck, they may well travel to Haven as well.

I'm still waiting for Hockey in the Honorverse. Sphinx would ideal for outdoor pond hockey!!!
Post by kzt   » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:13 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

BrightSoul wrote:I'm still waiting for Hockey in the Honorverse. Sphinx would ideal for outdoor pond hockey!!!

So your expecting that Honor’s retirement job will be goalie for a pro team? :D
Post by BrightSoul   » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:27 pm

BrightSoul
Rear Admiral

kzt wrote:
BrightSoul wrote:I'm still waiting for Hockey in the Honorverse. Sphinx would ideal for outdoor pond hockey!!!

So your expecting that Honor’s retirement job will be goalie for a pro team? :D

Owner and Fan, although with her reflexes and size she'd be pretty damn good. I'd hate to harass her in the crease.
Post by PeterZ   » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:21 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

No, no, no!
Hockey is the passions of Gryphon. Hellen is the aficionado Honor is infected by. Anton is the effete snob who passed on his home world's sport to hobnob with those prissy Manticorans.

Hellen got Honor to sponsor the Hartington Treecats of the GHL, Gryphon Hockey League. The Meyerdahl mods have passed on the league. The unmodified humans have too much fun fighting for the Sphynxians to spoil. Meyerdahl mods have gravitated to rugby and the Spynx variants with high tech pads. They used some North American rules of a variant called Football. The Harringtons have too many issues with their temper to indulge in that sort of violence. Although, Sir Horace Harkness has appeared to show interest in the Spynxian sport.
Post by saber964   » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:45 pm

saber964
Admiral

PeterZ wrote:No, no, no!
Hockey is the passions of Gryphon. Hellen is the aficionado Honor is infected by. Anton is the effete snob who passed on his home world's sport to hobnob with those prissy Manticorans.

Hellen got Honor to sponsor the Hartington Treecats of the GHL, Gryphon Hockey League. The Meyerdahl mods have passed on the league. The unmodified humans have too much fun fighting for the Sphynxians to spoil. Meyerdahl mods have gravitated to rugby and the Spynx variants with high tech pads. They used some North American rules of a variant called Football. The Harringtons have too many issues with their temper to indulge in that sort of violence. Although, Sir Horace Harkness has appeared to show interest in the Spynxian sport.

According to HoS FAQ Sports popularity in the SKM is IIRC on Manticore it's Soccer, Sphinx it's Hang Gliding and Ice Hockey on Gryphon it's Skiing, Skiing and Skiing

Return to Honorverse